Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dealer cutting bags?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by shadowstryker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Is it a big deal if a bag is .2-.3g off, or could this be due to scale discrepancies? I bought an eighth yesterday, and I expected 3.5g. He told me he'd make it 3.7g because he's nice, but I just weighed it and it's only 3.25g. Should I be mad about this? I mean, that is $5 weed where I'm from...I also bought a gram for a bro and the g was spot on 1g, so I don't think it's due to the scale.

2. Make sure your scale is calibrated right and then you should talk to him about it.

3. He probably assumes you don't have a scale and is pinching you. You could confront him but the result may be a loss of connect. But honestly it could be a number of different reasons so imo I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

But .25 short certainly adds up over the years.

4. I contacted him, we decided one of our scales our probably off as he weighed out more than an eighth for me. Still a connect/good guy, I'll calibrate my scale soon.

5. And you believe that? lol

6. Of course I didn't believe it, but until I calibrate my scale I can't be sure if it's the scale or if he's pinching it, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, the main motivation was to let him know that I'm able to weigh shit out and not to scam me too much.

7. #7 shadowstryker, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    I texted him that I calibrated my scale and mine was accurate (which it was), and he said he just calibrated his too so hopefully it won't happen again. We're still good, and at least he knows I have an accurate scale now.

8. #8 -13 Amp-, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    Have you seen him weigh it? How did you weigh it?

What it sounds like, when its a gram or under off, its most likely bag weight...

Meaning he most likely weighs his sacks in the bag so you're getting the bag weight as well as weed weight...

So if he's weighing in bag and you weigh out of the bag, it wouldn't match...

9. Standard (NON-zip) sandwich bags are 1 gram.
    Sounds like either his scales was off, or he didn't know you had a scale. Now that he does, your bags should be spot-on.
    If its not weighed in from of me, I usually presume it to be light, unless I REALLY know the person.

10. As the other poster said, a standard small bag weighs 1g (which I can confirm because the bags my herb comes in is exactly 1g as well). No, the dealer does not include bag weight in the price. Any dealer who does this shouldn't be bought from ever again, because that is just a scam. I weigh the herb itself, as should every other dealer/person.

11. Exactly, now he knows I have one, which was the main point of contacting him about it (not getting the .3 back, its not worth it). Since he said he "recalibrated" his scale too I'm assuming the bags won't be short next time. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, maybe it was just his scale.

12. this is why im glad i dont deal with the street dealers, its amateur hour at best. Used to argue with the dude I got stuff from cause he was also down by .3 on every 1/8 I would get.

13. Most of us aren't lucky enough to live in a legal state :(

14. It'll probably be 5-10 years before it's legal where I'm at. [​IMG]

15. Is it really that big of a deal?

16. Oh Im not in a legal state but there's all kinds of options in Canada where you don't have to resort to street dealers if you look hard enough, lots of ballsy internet entrepreneurs (sorry they don't ship to the US :( )