Did 6,000,000 Jews really die in the holocaust?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by WubbaLubbaDubDub, Aug 26, 2015.

1. #1 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
    Alright, I don't know if this is okay to post since in some countries questioning the holocaust is considered a crime. I've seen countless news articals and years before Hitler the same stories were popping up. Here's one for example: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=990... Here's another http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9B0... Here's an artical from 1918 http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9B0... "$1,000,000,000 fund to rebuild Jewry - 6 million souls will need help". Now I'm not condoning Hitler at all, Jews did die and he did force them to do labor, but why would Hitler want to mass execute his forced workers when he was using them for work? Jews did die, and that's why they had ovens, not only for Jews but all the workers. If someone dies you can't just leave them to rot, it poses health risks. Hitler was a war criminal, but did he really exterminate 6,000,000 Jews? I don't know. Discuss

2. No not 6million.
    That figure was banded about after the war.

The sign at Auschwitz has been changed from 6mill to 2.5.
    Currently just shy of a million.

However it certainly does not stop media and people with alterior motives to keep using the 6million figure.
    But thats just human nature.

3. That^^ if it was really 6mil i feel as if the jewish religion would be nil in todays world or extremely, extremely low in numbers as most are born into it

4. #4 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Aug 26, 2015
    It seems like whatever it would have been it'd always be "6,000,000". The last artical really gets me "The American people, Jews and nonJews alike, will soon be asked to lend or contribute the larger part of a fund of approximately $1,000,000,000"

5. Think about how much money $1,000,000,000 was in 1918

6. #6 Deleted member 839659, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    The official number is 11 million people, out of which 6 million were Jews

I've been to Auschwitz. Arbeit macht frei my ass. It's a big place but not big enough for millions of people. But Auschwitz was one of out of like 10,000 concentration camps scattered all over Nazi occupied Europe

Also keep in mind, op, that they didn't kill all their prisoners on arrival. It wasn't until the summer of 1941 that Hitler, with the help of his advisers, came to the decision to start systematically killing all prisoners. This was around the time the U.S. joined the war. When the allies took control of Poland, nazis tried destroying evidence of what had taken place in the camps, also nobody in Europe knew about the concentration camps until the defeat of the nazis. just a few interesting facts

edit: just googled it and it seems there were 20,000 camps. If they killed 1000 people (conservative number) in every camp tht would amount up to 20,000,000 ppl. Maybe the official number isn't as far off as some may think

edit: Turns out Hitler started killing off prisoners, "The final solution", about six months before US entered WW2

7. #7 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Aug 26, 2015
    It still doesn't really add up to me. The first article said begs for 6,000,000 in RUSSIA and if I'm correct Russians killed 9/10 of every German soldier

8. Those articles are from after WWI. What does that have to do with the holocaust?

9. Considering the ww2 casualties were well over 50+ million, 6 million seems like a small number.

10. Nazis were pretty meticulous about record keeping. e.g. the serial numbers every prisoners received. also they took mugshots of their prisoners. the numbers, at least partially, stem from nazi records

pre-ww2 Europe had some 9-10 million Jews. post-ww2 about 3 million remained. by 1950 Israel had a population of 1,5 million, counting both Jews and non-Jews

to me the numbers look about right. a lot of ppl feel tht 11 million holocaust victims seems a bit high. but it's not compared to the astronomical number of total ww2 victims - 72 million

I'm pretty objective on the matter and I see no reason to deny the official numbers

11. Who really cares now anyway.
    Millions died on all sides.

More concerned about the millions dying in the next war.
    Hopefully ill get through it unscathed lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. You're right, it's not inconceivable

13. Doesn't it kind of balance out now that alot of them are in seats of power?

14. 20years we will all be living in chinese concentration camps.
    Look me up for a toke lol

15. #15 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    If no one in Europe knew about this until after the Nazis defeat wouldn't that just make it easier to falsify the numbers?
    It's almost exactly my point, no matter when or where there was always 6,000,000 starving Jews being persecuted. Wether it be in 1921 Russia or whenever. The news article from 1921 said 6,000,000 Jews in Russia are facing extermination by massacre be it

16. The numbers could be wrong i dunno

17. So you're saying that these great conspirers got a little lazy with their fake jew count and used 6million a few times?

18. I don't know either but I think it's good to have questions

19. #19 Deleted member 839659, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    I totally agree. In my case I'm not questioning the validity of the number of Jewish victims during the holocaust because 6 million victims sounds plausible and I see no evidence tht contradicts the number

20. #20 WubbaLubbaDubDub, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
    Hitler is historically considered one a main reason Zionism took hold... because of the holocaust. You know Zionism? The immoral state of Israel. You want to know something? The local 4% of Jews in Palestine at the time HATED the Zionists coming in. I don't mean 4% of the Jews, I meant the whole amount of Jews were 4% of the population