using reclaimed water

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by PineWeasle, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Possible stupid question here but is it alright to water and brew AACTs with water reclaimed from a dehumidifier? I tested it and it was at 140 ppm add a pH of 7.3. I have my dehumidifier on a lot this time of year and can pull almost 5 gal/day just to keep my basement @ 60%. I forgot to turn it on one day, opened my veg room and my glasses fogged up, hydrometer said 93%, it felt like it was going to rain in my basement. Anyways I hate to waste so when I have it I use it for AACTs, Foliar applications, and EM-1 FPE. However it is to early to see the results. I figure it is better than tap water (dechlorinated of course) but I read about how RO is bad for organics. I am new to organics so I just want to make sure I'm not fucking shit up on a microscopic level.
    Any incite would be greatly appreciated.

2. I was just reading something in a post about how water from a dehumidifier can have high metallic content.

3. #3 ladyluckybean, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    The 140 ppm shows its not RO water because it contains something that conducts electricity like metals. You can use RO water if your tap water shows high ppms. What does your tap water test at? Is it dechlorinated tap water? I think there's a PDF article on using chloramines or chlorinated water in a pinned thread in this forum called GiMiKs library. Another good source for beginner info is the buildasoil blog as well as the no till thread which you've found already. You can also search that thread for info on chloramines and I think they talked about in late spring, early summer. It takes a long while to learn so don't get frustrated right away.

4. The tap water in my area is actually very clean it tests at 190-200 ppm strait out of the tap and will drop to about 110-120 after a 24 hour aeration. Also I am 99% sure they don't use chloramines here. As for GiMiKs library, I have been "geeking out" to all this for weeks. I have learned so much and I have only scratched the surface. I cant wait for spring so I can start applying it to my veggie garden as well.

5. Your waters fine to use. Go ahead. RO is such a waste of water. I bought one and used it for a few minutes and then just put it back in the box. Such a waste of "bad" water. You'll be fine.

6. Thanks ladyluckybean, I just needed that reassurance to make sure i'm doin it right

7. welcome to the organic forum :) check out the grow journals as well. AugustWest has one in the indoor grow journals that is a good read once you get past the first 100 subbed people..... :D he started out using synthetics and measuring ph so the organic guys all got together and it journals his starting point up to recent but it will answer a few questions you have for starting up, how it works with advice from some very smart folks.

8. I will have to check that out, I was the same way, I started out doing DWC hydroponics. I lived by the numbers and my meters were my best friend. Ran the full line of Gen Hyro nutes, which is on the cheaper end for nutes but still got pricey. So I switched to soil, cheaper right? Not when you still pour the full line of "organic" bottled nutes over it every week. Organics just seems to make sense, and it also seem to treat cannabis like a plant you want to thrive rather than trying to create the most efficient "Bud Factory"

All the people (in the organics forum at least) seem to be very knowledgeable and ready to dispense more than enough empirical and anecdotal information to keep me going organic. Everyday I am learning something new and subsequently makes me change or rethink my plans. But its always a work in progress, so I will keep on reading and keep on growing.

I have also started a journal of sorts http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1381143..., check it out, let me know what you think.