Bonsai/LST so cal outdoor sour OG and king louie

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by 10thplanetorganic, Aug 25, 2015.

1. So I found some dam catapillars this weekend.. sent a solid 2 days outside picking... dam catapillars..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm lucky that they are all still pretty young. I sprayed with montereys BT this am and will be following up again on saturday.

The louie is at 6 weeks of flower and looking beautiful as ever.
    [​IMG]

The sour is hanging in there as well. I think about two weeks along now.. I'd have to check my calendar though..
    [​IMG]

2. Louie
    [​IMG]

Sour
    [​IMG]

Group shot
    [​IMG]

3. Dam theese girls are lookin finesse

[​IMG]
    Louie: it seems like the BT fried the pistols a little bit. The majority of them are red now with a few healthy ones mixed in there. But all in all the plants are looking beautiful. The louie is on day 43 now.. hoping to push 65 Or 70

The sour also got some pistols fried but it's not slowing anything down at all It seriously bulked up overnight. I'm not finding any more catapillars in my buds or any dead/rotted sections of nug. So I'll be spraying lightly once a week untill 2 weeks before flower

[​IMG]

4. so I went and got a scope to check my tricomes yesterday and it's lookin like the louie is gunna be an 8 Weeker the trichs are about 90-10 cloudy/amber I had a branch break on me yesterday so ill get to sample the louie once this branch dries.
    [​IMG]
    that's her all cleaned up. Pretty dense for outdoor and 100heat it does have a strong grassy smell now that it's off the plant though.. the plant smells piney and this smells like hay! Hopefully the cure will bring that pine back!

5. Been a awhile since I've updated you guys, I flush err the louie it's last two weeks and chopped her down and hung them in my closet this morning at 5 am before work.. I work 10hr shifts and am already antsy to get home and check on them lol

Here she is midway through the flush and the harvest pics...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the money shots....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully I'll hit like 10 grams.. not too bad.. I smoked that branch that broke off in my previous post and it was really heavy.. like I can't keep my eyes open heavy, a little has on the smoke.. but I did cut it early and quick dry with little cure. I'm hoping the final product will be smoother with the cure.

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sour is lookin pretty juicy. She's comming up on 5 weeks..I started adding some humbolts own sonic bloom to her water and she loves it!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. The results are in! Dried with sone sugarless still on the total was 14grams!! then I went in and manicured off the rest of the sugarless and reweighed it at 12 grams..not bad for a little plant! It dried extremely fast even with the extra sugar leaf it only took 2 days of hanging to get the humidity in the jar to 60%
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As far as the sour goes.. j was hoping someone could chime in.. it's almost to 6 weeks now and lately I've been noticing fan leaves are dying off, I'm this a normal process? I have almost no big fan leaves anymore. Just little immature fans and the budleafs. Is it an N deficency? I've been using a bloom booster with no N in it.. could it be locking out N uptake because th PK ratio is so high?... here's some pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please let me know what you guys think! I've kinda been the only one active in this thread.. lol

8. #30 zbrain, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
    from what i have read, it can be normal for some strains to start to have yellowing or dying off fan leaves, these leaves are for storing nutrients so if you are begging the flushing period then that makes sense as its using the nutrients its stored up in the leaves and that is a good thing, just keep an eye on things and keep doing what your doing.. you can remove any of the yellowing leaves if you want its not necessary but can help keep things look pretty. i wouldn't remove anything thats not 50-75% dead tho.

9. Yea, I've only been picking the skeletons or pale leafs that are blocking other budsites.. thanks for the input. I thought it was normal, but I'm loosing almost all my fan leafs now. Idk i think ilk run out by harvest lol

I did give it a shot of 10-10-10 on my last watering just cause I'm loosing so many what are the effects if any giving N this late in flowering? Idk if it even touched the plant cause it poured rain the next two days after feeding. NATURE'S FLUSH!

10. Plants are lookin good! The louie has been in a jar 11 days now, still smells a little grassy but has DEFINATLY come a long way. I rolled a joint this morning and was pretty proud at how smooth and we'll burning my first crop turned out. I found myself spacing out alot, not the most long lasting but was pretty heavy. all in all I'd probably give it a 6-7/10 not bad...

For the sour OG.. she's in her 7th week now, leaves are yellowing. I started flushing 2 days ago gunna run her 9 weeks..

Sorry for the shitty pictures. My phone took a shit. Iphone 6s is on its way though
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just because I live in cali.. I threw a chocolope outside to bask in the sun. This one is about a week into flowering, got it from a buddy who topped it to have three main colas, so I went to home depot and got a tomato plant support and tied each cola to a seperate stake to open up the light a little bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My cat seems to guard my plants.. I think he's doing more harm than good though. Lol you can see some of my fan leaves are chewed off? That's cause something lands on that leaf and he kills the bug and breaks the leaf off... can't blame him though he's my garden buddy

11. The sour got the chop this morning!!!! Yayyyy lol 180g wet weight kinda stringy nugs...idk maybe I should have let it go another week or two

Either way chopped before the sun came up took off all the fan leaves and left all the sugar leaf to try and slow down the drying process it's hot and dry out here so anything helps. There hanging in a dark closet. Temps range from about 68-80 during night and day humidity 60-70 so I'll run it like that the first day or two then slowly start bringing the temp and humidity down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Choclolpe is lookin pretty I think it's been about a week now that I've had it...

[​IMG]

12. Dry weight was 32 G buds were a little airy and the calyx a were kinda small, but all in all they came out pretty good for homegrown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SMOKE REPORT: post dry (no cure)
    My first test I smoked a blunt it broke up amazing and my fingers were sticky the sour smell became more apparent as I broke it up the taste before lighting it was a little piney with a hint of a sour lemon taste the smoke was extremely heavy and had almost a yellow tinge to it but was smooth. crackled a bit it was pretty Stoney weed I smoked with a buddy right before we went to breakfast at Denny's my eye lids were heavy I ate my whole grand slam and was cracking jokes with the waitress

All in all I'm pretty happy with the results
    Things I will do different next time..
    Catapillar prevention
    More N the first couple weeks of flower
    Flush longer
    More consistent light/dark schedule (better location in the yard to avoid neighbor porch lights
    Flower longer/ be more patient

Also tried my hand at making some bubble hash
    Awesome results!

[​IMG]

This was the 74 screen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The second picture is the 24 micron screen

13. #35 10thplanetorganic, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
    So I'll keep updating the thread as the cure goes on.. They have been in the jar for about two days now after hanging whole, all sugar leafs intact for 3 days, then right before the stems snapped I trimmed the crispy leafs off and threw them in a paper grocery bag and put them in the freezer to slow down the dry it was a 100 degrees and I didn't want them sweating in the bag and getting moldy.. The next morning I let them thaw out and threw them in the jar. This morning (day two of the jar) RH is sitting at 62 the buds still have a slight plant smell but I am shure this will go away with the cure... I can tell the slower dry helped this batch tremendously compared to the Louie

Here's the choclolope in refuge from the Santa Ana winds last night!

[​IMG]

14. Been awhile since the last update.. The sour has been in the jar I think like 23 days now... I'd say it's cured pretty good. I've been opening it when the RH hits about 70, let it breathe for a few minutes and close it back up.. Yesterday was the first day that I opened the jar and smelt that sour heaven right away.. No squeezing needed so is ripped a nice bong rip. I was thrilled with the taste. Nice fresh pine taste the first hit. Wich diminished with each hit following. The high was nice and mellow. I fell right asleep all in all I'm stoked with this plant. I did I find a seed though...idk when that happened..just one seed so far I have about 5-8grams of the good nugs still left over so we will see how her iced the plant got...could be a reason the nugs never tightened up too..either way it's dank for my first run.

Unfortunately I had to move and could not take the choclolope with me.. It is at a buddies house finishing out its last month my last visit the plant smelled and looked like cotton candy. Very very sweet sugary smell and crystals everywhere she's a beautiful plant I'll get some pics up of her soon