How Google Could Rig the 2016 Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Superjoint, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Can an independent not run in their local stated elections?

Do you have to pay to run?

Sorry I don't understand.

2. its not that they can't run. Its that they aren't known.

Like I said, many states don't even put them on the ballot. You have to write their name in if you want to vote for them, but the media usually doesn't publicize them

Its very difficult to be heard as a third party

"I didn't even know tthere was a third candidate" - my sister in law when I told her I voted for Gary Johnson

-Yuri

3. That is ridiculous. I didn't think things were that bad.
    Big brother really taken over the US. You can have 2 sides of the same coin but you get to pick which side...

4. #24 HongKongPhooey, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    I'm sure there are, but again because Dem/Repubs have controlled things since the birth of states, they've made it extremely difficult for 3rd parties to make a serious push. They had the money, and they had the power, so they wrote the laws to most benefit them.

Honestly, all the states are so different, yet similar. One state I'm sure you can write in any candidate you want, and another they won't allow that option. Its pretty frustrating.

Also doesn't help that the media goes right along with it, they basically tell people that there are no other options between the Left or Right. They ignore anybody else, and scoff at somebody mentioning other options.

Basically wherever the money goes, so does the people.

5. yea I don't know if you remember all the ron Paul threads, but Jon Stewart did a piece on his media coverage.

Several news stations literally had the 1st 2nd and 4th place candidates on screen, talking about their polls and chances of winning.

They literally pretended ron Paul didn't even exist.

It was clear there was a media campaign to silence him. It wasn't even covered up

-Yuri

6. [​IMG]

Extremely accurate political cartoon unfortunately

7. Theoretically a third party could get in the race but that's just another layer of bullshit to add to the illusion of choice. In reality, it won't happen. The people here are too brainwashed by apathy and the media and any depiction of "normal" or "popular" that the (government run) media portray and are scared to death to go against the flock for fear of an uncomfortable confrontation with another member of the herd.

It's basic human psychology at its worst. Most of the ones that you recognize this still contain themselves within the paradigm because it is uncomfortable to look like the black sheep.

It is definitely not a good position to hold in America being an outspoken anarchist for instance. No matter how rational or logical my arguments may be, I am still looked upon by the majority of people as that weird guy who just doesn't like America.

I suppose there are a great deal of people who actually do believe in the rhetoric and ideologies that are forced down their throats by these puppets they drag in front of us every few years but I believe those people are low information voters who are just happy to have an ideology and a social group to cling to, especially if the rhetoric contains something about equality and helping other people and moving this country along. They do not care how destructive the means to this may be in the long term as long as the rhetoric behind it is pleasant.

In short, America is full of willfully and happily ignorant people who don't give a flying fuck about logic, reason, philosophy or the future. It's all herd mentality and following lockstep with whatever the idiot box tells them top think.

8. #29 AugustWest, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    for whatever reason, people think that voting for someone who isn't going to win is a waste of a vote.
    so they all vote for the poll leaders in each of the 2 parties..

i'll never understand that mindset..

they'd vote for someone they disagree with just because they have a better chance of winning, rather than someone that they do agree with.. lmao.

9. Its mind boggling. Ppl have been raised to see everything as Win\\Lose so they don't want to vote for the loser because that makes them part of the losing team.

10. yeah its like a sports team mentality or something,,

can't tell yu how many people loved what ron paul had to say, but wouldn't vote for him because it was a waste of a vote..
    how voting for a candidate that you like is wasting a vote is beyond me..

i think voting for someone who you don't agree with is more of a waste..

11. It's because we've been taught to be a competitive society. If you vote for the losing side, you lose. That's not true at all though. The point of having the right to vote is just that, to vote. It's to give support to the candidate you believe in and agree with, not to win a competition just for bragging rights against the other side. It's not that a two party system can't work, it's that a two party system can't work in a society that views it as a contest. Honestly the only real way to promote change is through local government. All these politicians that get elected straight to senator and congressman are getting funded by big business. If you want candidates who are against that, you have to give them a career to reference against their opponents with massive funding. That comes from your local government officials who can work their way up to the higher tiers of government. But it's all fucked anyways soooo

12. Hopefully Google will swing Deez Nuts' vote..

13. And their gonna get even more powerful. It's scary and welcomed at the same time