Mainline

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Shadowninja, Aug 25, 2015.

1. first grow from bag seed, read a ton and have a decent aquaponic setup going my little buddy is going strong and is at 4 nodes now.. But my problem is that the space im growing in isn't large at all... Id like to attempt a 4 cola mainline... But can I wait for this little trooper to show sex before I take the first chop at it? Will it affect healing time by waiting so late? Or would it be okay? Could someone please help me out :) would be more than appreciated. Thank you

2. Hi you would normally wait till you have six nodes and plant is growing healthy then top to the third the bigger the root system the faster the plant can recover from all the cutting so yeah you can wait cut then wait till plant is growing vigorously then top or put in to flower you want at least 2 feet of growth before switching to flower Google nugbucket he,s the man if you want to know the do,s and don't,s about manifolding good luck tim HH

• Like Like x 1
  3. my experience is it can be better to wait till the plant grows out a bit then top at third node. That way the two new stems already have some stems and roots are well established. it feels counter productive to cut off more but i dont think it is. im only trying this technique for the first time tho

4. also leave a few fan leaves on for a while before u strip as they can help "power" the plant