Feminized Seed Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by bockscar, Aug 23, 2015.

1. #1 bockscar, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    So I kinda just had the epiphany that feminized seed growers are kinda a small demographic of the grower community. I remember a veteran grower mentioning that feminized seed growers are usually small scale recreation/hobby growers, and/or closet or other types of micro growers. That does make sense to me cuz I'm a hobbyist type grower, in that I'm growing in a tent inside a closet and will only be running a 2plant ScrOG each time. Fits the bill.

So Im taking inspiration from all the other "unite" threads in the indoor forum, and mixing in the Strain Index and hoping this thread gains some traction and ends up helping myself and others out.

The main goal of this thread is to talk about your experience growing out X strain....and of course, all strain talk would be limited to Feminized seeds and strains. Im hoping ALL types of growers can contribute and use the thread. Even tho it'll likely be mostly small scale indoor growers, its good to get a good discussion going for all grow mediums and techniques.

So...what feminized seed did you grow out? Where did you buy it from? What was your method for growing it...and results!?

Edit:
    Feel free to link your journals if you got them too! That'll def help all the way around!

2. I'm just days away from planting. I have all feminized seeds. You can follow my journal here. I've already posted a lot about the progress of first building a small grow space with a diy carbon filter

3. Post a link to the thread!

Have you grown out any other feminized seeds? How was your luck with them? Any recommendations or warnings about certain strains?

4. Here is my Jack Herer and Red Poison Auto feminized. The Jack will become a mother and soon I'll take some clones off her.

Jack Herer
    1440574705274.jpg
    1440574722203.jpg

Red Poison Auto
    1440574784121.jpg
    1440574797363.jpg
    1440574816256.jpg
    1440574830786.jpg

5. Not really an auto fan, but by the looks of that I may be wrong! looks good

last season I grew out dinafem cheese and Holy Grail kush. Both were good growers when topped, and Id probably recommend them. Cant give a full endorsement cuz caterpillars destroyed the crop before harvest. Planning on rebuy ing those strains in the future tho

6. Likin the thread bockscar! I just grew an Ice Kush from Advanced seeds. Ive had them stored for a year so germination wasnt great on my part.(1/3 popped) aside from that I was really impressed with it. I defoliated, underwatered, and completely switched the light schedule around all while in flower and she didnt stress or herm at all so I can say the genetics are definately solid. The bud to leaf ratio wasnt the greatest but I would highly recommend it to someone just starting out. Sorry for the life story here's the last picture before harvest. Pulle 1.5 oz under t5/cfl

Attached Files:

7. Hey! Sorry, I didn't see your reply but in now subbed to this thread. Here's mine. I've been keeping it up pretty regularly. I planted 5 days ago and so far I can see 4 of them.
    Follow my journal here http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1380218-My-first-grow---CFL---custom-box

8. Looks good to me, and good to hear!

What you just posted is pretty much exactly what I hope this thread turns into! Little mini-reports/recommendations from other fem seed growers! It took me a while, but I finally realized that feminized seed growers aren't a big population of growers...so hopefully this seriously does turn into an epic thread. It'd be nice to be able to search this thread for all kinds of strain names, and get a little something out of it.
    Post some shiny nug shots in here when you harvest!

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441064068.738711.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441064136.677200.jpg still very early on and this is my first grow but will do.

10. I run both fem and reg. Here is a bcbd skunk fem she was planted last Sunday as seed in 3 days she was up yesterday she made a week old.

Attached Files:

11. check out the beginners forum. lots of good foundational info to be found there.

12. Here's my tiny fem seed collection. I'm really stoked to try the rqs and auto Nefertiti from pyramid. Anyone grown them?

Attached Files:

13. when do you plan on popping them? I'm interested in your turn out

14. Itll be months down the road. Id like to treat the auto right and I dont have the lights for it now. Its supposed to get pretty tall and yield a lot but it seems no ones posted about it online

15. I popped an RQ AK47 out my last attempt. and all WAS well. germinated well, grew well.......then shit went south. Not blaming the genetics at all because i was having soil problems. I still got a Sour Diesel left, so ill be able to give RQ a new chance.

The failed AK is in my current grow journal :-/

16. I have never ran their gear. I'm going to peep out your ak grow. Do you ever use coco as a medium?

17. can't wait to watch the show when ya do. I've run tall sativa in the past all I can say is get ready to be tying that lady down weekly lol.

18. my grow isn't a good representation of the genetics for RQ imo....the grow didn't complete due to my soil. Im attempting to go fully organic, and do a "water-only" type thing.......well the soil I made was definitely too hot for the plants (likely) due to the presence of animal manures in the compost i used in my soil mix.

So with that being said....even tho the grow didn't get to harvest, I felt the growth was solid all things considered.

Im gonna run the RQ Sour D next run (in 4-6 months) and I should have things better figured out by then, so hopefully that can give a better barometer of the RQ quality.