Sprouting problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tropicalgrow420, Aug 22, 2015.

1. I have been through a lot of dead seeds which crack open and then die, never had this problem before using he same seeds (from respectable breeders) however the seeds are now 1 year old not sure if that is a problem, using paper towel, soaking in water and now using seed starters nothing seems to work, never had this problem before .... The only seeds that sprouted were from an specific breeder, are seeds too old? Or just ultra bad luck?

2. I'm having same problem which I don't ever usually have mine also were a bunch of old seeds I've had sat in cupboard for over a year which I forgot about

3. #3 PNWClosetGrower, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    You guys are making me feel lucky, i have about an 80% germination success rate so far in my noobie growing hobby. I don't use seed starter either i just pop em right into normal soil. i ripped the roots of my run almost in half and two days later she's still alive, it's like i can't kill her so far. She demands i smoke her gimpy buds.

4. Bet we are on a bad luck streak, sad to lose beans like that

5. Probably old seeds and where they were stored. We put all our seeds in the freezer. Not sure if this is recommended or taboo or what, but it works. LOL TWW

6. Xbox game case, cool dark and dry

7. I keep mine in a mason jar with a dehumidifier pack thing (come in beef jerkey and shoe boxes) in my fridge and I just popped 6/6 seeds that are a year old. Put em straight in dirt and dont over water!! I killed some seeds doing that, they get all mushy and shit