What would you do if you were God?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by roronoa12zoro, Aug 22, 2015.

1. #1 roronoa12zoro, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
    "Or let me put it in a simpler way, supposing that every night, you could dream any dream you wanted to dream, what would you do?

Well, first of all, I'm quite sure that most of us, would dream all the marvelous things we wanted to happen. We would fulfill all our wishes. And we might go on that way for months, and besides you can make it extraordinary rich, by wishing to dream seventy five years in one night, full of glorious happenings.

But after you've done that for a few months, you might begin to get a little tired of it, and you would say, what about an adventure tonight. In which something terribly exciting and rather dangerous is going to happen, but i'll know I'm dreaming so it won't be too bad. And i'll wake up if it gets too serious.

So you do that for a while, you rescue princesses in distress from dragons and all sorts of things, and then when you've done that for some time, you say lets go out a bit further. Lets forget its a dream, and have a real thrill! Ooh, but you know you'll wake up. And then after you've done that for a while, you get more and more nerve, until you sort of dare yourself, as to how far out you can get. And you end up dreaming, the sort of life you're living now." Alan Watts[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. I think you could have used another title, but I like the quote.

3. I'd end all wars, Feed the hungry, Home the homeless, Kill anyone who abuses children and that would be my first 5mins of being god.

After that the fun would begin[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. We are God?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Exactly

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'd be bored as fuck

• Like Like x 3
  7. If I could have lucid dreams every night...I would love to go to the most amazing places in the Universe and learn about who we are and what's the point of everything

• Like Like x 1
  8. First, clean ship.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I would explore the universe, it is so big and vast that the possibilities are endless, who knows what is out there, so everything is entertaining and mysterious.

10. i'd wonder whose imagination i'm in[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. I don't think you would ever get board things never stop evolving, or atleast they haven't yet...

12. #12 Biodynamix, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    If i was god i would express and replicate myself into trillions and trillions of living organisms always multiplying infinite amount of times all inter-connected collectively so i experience life in infinite amount of ways that would make you grow and learn in much more profoundly ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 freethinker, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    I would do exactly what I'm doing right now. God is through all things, including us humans.

There is no wrong thing to do, it's not up to you or me to put forth a judgement of measurements.

The words describing what is 'wrong' are just agreed upon sounds structured in such a way to where we agree on the order of them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Correct the human condition, take away those base primal instincts to destroy and posses at the cost of others. Lead humanity in the right direction in a tangible physical way not through allusion and allegory.

15. Lol it would suck being God.

Wtf are you going to do? You'll be bored for an eternity because everything's beneath you.

I guess I would make an earth exactly how it is and watch all the wars and shit for entertainment.

16. I'd create a centralized government for all the civilizations throughout the universe. Collect taxes. Socialized healthcare. Elections by a technocratic committee. the whole 9 nards

17. #17 Delphinidins, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
    What Biodynamix said explains why god wouldn't be bored in my opinion.

If you knew everything wouldn't you wipe your memory clean and live everything again through infinite shapes and forms?

Boredom is not an option if you know everything because you can always create a way in which you will no longer know everything so you continuously grow and learn?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. You guys are boring. Urrr I'd use muh god powers for this, nuuu I'd use em for this instead.
    I guess I'm the only one who'd use my god powers for fun stuff like getting rid of people I don't like, or stuff like that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I would do nothing besides keep the human species from completely eradicating itself. I'll see all of humanity in it's painfully vapid ways for hopefully all of eternity. I would allow them to destroy me and create themselves as the new superior beings of the universe. Unless, I deem them unworthy due to not bettering themselves. War, famine, nature will take unfathomable amount of casualties. It will be a beautiful show in all of it's splendor and honestly a lot of free time as you already know. I just sit around all day currently so what's wrong with waiting a while to see what happens?

Side note: I would love to have experienced the evolution of Matrix level virtual reality when it came out. Then I remembered that I was God.

I often think about "What if you have the ability at any point to go back to restart your entire life at (x) years old? You die? Restart. You're being tortured? Restart." Imagine the implications and possibilities. I run that through my noggin' every once in a while for a "What would you do?" type scenario. It's actually quite enjoyable. I would highly recommend.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. I'd open and examine everyone's mind.

Not literally.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1