Universe within an organism?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by PalmTrees420, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Is it possible that our universe is just an atom within a much larger more advanced form of life and that within our atoms lies other universes?

2. Yes that is possible

3. It makes me wonder if there's anyway we could genuinely prove it, I would say it's my own theory but I'm sure countless others have thought of this

4. Possible, but not likely.. at all. More like exists in the realm of science fiction.

5. If I had a gram for every time someone made this thread.....

-Yuri

6. There are fundamental differences between atomic level forces and energy interactions and that of the large scale universe. Life is due to the specific nature of the quantum electromagnetic energy interactions that dictate interatomic and intermolecular bonding and thus what we normally think of as "chemistry". At the universal scale, gravitation (spacetime geometric distortions) dominates the physical character of the large scale system which would make the way universes interact much different than that of atoms and molecules. There is no universal counterpart to the chemistry that results from the ways atoms interact via quantum level energy interactions associated with their quantum electron energy configurations.

If quantum theory is a fairly decent model for the microscopic levels (and it certainly appears to be at least that), then there are discreet limits to such fundamental observables as space, time, charge, energy, etc. The nano universe is grainy and increasingly random and chaotic as one zooms down on the scene. Not so with the mega-scaled universe. It's my own opinion that all these factors (plus a lot more) preclude the universe from being an infinite regressive fractal, in either direction - at least as far as producing similar physical effects as those in operation behind the stage that life performs on.