Universe within an organism?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PalmTrees420, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Do y'all think it's possible that our universe is just an atom inside some other much larger organism and on the opposite side of that coin is it possible that within our atoms there are smaller universes?

2. I have had the highdea that the human body is the entire universe encapsulated, where the skin holding our confines is the outermost limit to the universe that holds expansion to a finite point. So quite possibly, I've had that same thought that you have had and that could be singularity in action.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's out there but I love that people can get onto these forums and here so many ideas
    Hear*

4. This appears to be a conclusion many people have come to, including myself. It also appears to be a common thing smokers ponder as their view of the universe broadens and we realize just how unfathomably small we actually are.

As technology increased, we were able to see further and further in, meaning toward smaller and smaller particles. At the same time, we keep discovering more and more of the known universe.

Check this out

5. Ive had that thought, our atoms make us up, planets make up something bigger. but a living thing being so huge, I doubt it. Interesting thought though, do our cells know they are part of a bigger picture? do they even think?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440225745.610694.jpg

6. If I had a gram for every time someone made a thread about this idea....

-Yuri

7. Size is relative though because we only know out own universe which makes that being look huge

8. And then,how big is just the earth on a scale from the perspective of ants on the ground? Is one colony like one continent/country/world? Same goes to bees, but they have the greatest adaptation of gravity-resisting wings to use for transport, so they must inherently be more intellectual beings than we, stuck to the ground as we are. Gravitational pull is a factor of large objects being attracted to one another, yet this blue rock we inhabit doesn't smash into the neighboring green rock (venus) or red rock (mars) because relatively speaking, they are unfathomably far apart with our eyesight being the factor of vision. And the visible spectrum taken into light (pun!) the gamma rays received from the sun could be cooking us alive, but our bodies don't allow that to happen (sorry albinos.)

9. Another good one. It's less than 2 minutes but offers some great perspective on what we consider "large"

10. I like how you can used relative gravity and orbit to figure out a distance

11. #12 letsmokeasweet, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    sure why not. Sometimes I wonder what size Alian life forms would be. I'll look at the sky, look at the tiny bugs in the grass you gotta get real close to see, and I am just blown away
    I am So glad they haven't presented themselves.....or what if they are the tiny ones and we are bigger?

12. Star systems and galaxies don't interact with eachother like atoms do. And we don't see many star systems and galaxies with uniform orbitals like electrons have making up macro systems.

If we make up something living, its much much larger than we can even comprehend

-Yuri

13. What do you mean? Atoms are mostly empty space...much like galaxies, nebulas, and star systems. Unfathomably large because comprehension cannot describe the vastness inbetween. Or plain and simple, it can't be seen without a telescope, or microscope for close inspection. Very similar atoms and star systems.

14. they are similar in the same way that humans and spiders have two eyes but are completely different.

Its obvious galaxies don't act like atoms just by looking at them.

Electrons? Maybe... probly not

Its very short sighted to compare the two.

Thinking a world like ours exists at larger and smaller scales shows lack of imagination .

-Yuri

15. .... Spiders do not have 2 eyes. They have as many eyes as they have feelers. Christ...

16. damn I must have been drunk LOL

Spiders have 8 eyes but that further proves my point

-Yuri

17. Yes I've thought this many times in my life.

my idea of infinite.

18. How do you know we are not just a splotch on some Petri dish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. You may appreciate this:

[​IMG]