1weekvegperpetualsolocuppollenchuckingattempt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by capt.murphy, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Deep water culture coffee can! I like it... Just need to get her in a net cup!

2. More like shallow water culture haha. Its working really good. Wasnt planning on them making it really haha. My cat managed to get in there and eat some leaves but they dont seem to have slowed down. And yes thats a sprout right above the root shot haha

Attached Files:

3. Lol... I knew it would work... water is all you need and a dash of nutes helps IMO, but plain PH water will get you there. I should do a comparison sometime... Plain PH water against hormones and nute water...

4. Carbon filter brought to you by wal mart. My plants still dont stink, in fact they're just now starting to get that veggie smell. I guess its the tent cuz my last plant was stanky the whole grow. Anyway I know this ain't the best filter but I'm gonna test it out. Oh and the black stuff in plastic is an air filter with carbon in it to keep all the little chunks in the filter and a little added protection. Any tips would be awesome cuz I'm just winging it right now. All I know is the fan has to pull through the filter not push

Attached Files:

5. Welcome man. Ive seen ya around a lot. Flowers are starting to pop up slowly but surely in there I'll throw some pics up tonight and hopefully I'll have some kind of filter also

6. I just read thru it all....wow I think I am all GC'd out now. Time for a gravity hit and some netflix.

I can't believe you got that MG soil. I got that same crap and it had fungus gnats in it. Never again. I am going with pro mix every time now. Good job so far tho doing damn good considering the soil you got.

7. Man I flushed the shit out of it for a good 45 minutes before planting and now its mixed in with some super soil I got from a gardening job. Ive read that microwaving soil will kill gnats if you have that problem again. Thanks for reading along bud

8. Ok here's the plants as of tonight. Had to lst the tallest one because it keeps burning itself on the light. Couple little flower shots and the male is really swelling up and I love the smell and structure of it can't wait for seeds. Never got around to the carbon filter but hopefully tomorrow

Attached Files:

9. Da man

Attached Files:

10. Its ridiculous how much these things grew since flower before actually flowering haha

11. If I stress a male out will it hermie and grow buds?

12. You should look that up. I think you can do it both ways. Male can go female and female could go male.

13. It would be interesting. Can't to do it to this male or I'll just have hermie everything but someday I will. Along with a million other experiments haha

14. Here's some updates. The ladies and gentleman are rolling along fine. The clones are getting out of hand. I really just want to run the big one in my dwc which I like way more than soil but its hard to kill a plant thats perfectly fine. Three of those clones were cut together and the tall one is blowing up now so she'll be the keeper for sure

Attached Files:

15. Oh and only the empty sponge takes on water like that the ones with plants are dry at the top. Idk why

16. Man I love your little cloner. That big one is really killing it. It needs to hit a bigger net pot or some soil soon tho. I love what you are doing. Maybe later down the road I will do a grow like this. I want some small tents I can set up to just grow males and one for clones. I will keep my hallway as a flower room and have a veg tent for clones and seedlings and a male tent for pollen recovery. I think I can freeze the pollen? Anyone know if you can freeze the pollen in a vile or somethin?

17. Males? Small tents!? Flowering hallway!!??? Youve peaked my interests, I'll be over shortly haha.

Thats the only way ive read you can store it. Viability decreases after like years but even then it dont take much to make a lot of seeds. Maybe use a dehumidifier pack in a mason jar? I'm not sure on that though just a stoned thought

18. yes you can freeze pollen in a vial no problem. I would go to SG's thread and search pollen storage. He has a good method

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1383846-Cali%27s-Corner