Marijuana Party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SpaceDuke, Aug 21, 2015.

1. In the country you reside is there a Marijuana Party you can vote for to lead the country
    In South Africa there is, but I recently found out. It's trying all efforts to legalise weed but it's not popular and doesn't have a strong support. It didn't make the last elections because it didn't raise enough money.
    Do you currently vote for one, do you think that one day it can win the majority.

2. A candidate's view on marijuana makes little difference to me but it's kinda like a canary for a mine, if they're dead set against pot they usually have crappy opinions on things that are important. I like the name of your Marijuana Party.

3. Marijuana party? Cheech and Chong 2016!

4. The fact that we have a Marijuana Party is kinda a step forward.. I guess

But South Africans are just too close minded and backwards

5. Everyone's too closed minded and backwards except for us.

6. Single-issue parties rarely do well...doesn't matter WHAT the issue might be.

Where the problems really creep in is when there are parts of BOTH party platforms that you can support but some that are REALLY egregious and contrary to personal beliefs. South Park is right...elections are really just a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich...

7. True though , can't believe that South Park actually predicted that.
    Can't help but say.. This world is going to shit.

8. Not really but we have a "Pirate Party". They're pro-piracy and pro-drugs although not as verbose about the drug part

We also have a "Donald Duck Party". Fuck knows what they want

9. Booo not funny dude

10. Libertarian party

-Yuri

11. Voting is useless because they are all bought and sold by the same corporations. Dem/Repub is a huge illusion and is another reason why the USA is going down hill.

12. pretty sure voting is how marijuana legalization has come as far as it has

-Yuri

13. #13 As Above So Below, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
    That is on the state level. Not nearly as corrupt as on the federal level. It will still be many , many years before we see any kind of movement on true legalization , and at that point it will be strictly because of money.

Once all the older people start to die off (reefer madness) and there is a true majority nation wide - you can bet politicians will be trying to legalize.

14. Our old population are die hard straight edge. Drugs of any kind are the devil.
    They think they are forever indebted to the African Nation Congress ( the democratic party that brought freedom in South Africa). Even though the days of Nelson Mandela are over, and the party is so corrupt and the country just gets worse, you'll think they are brainwashed to still vote for fools.

15. that's just it though.

Money will talk soon enough

-Yuri
    Ill bet Monsanto already has a crop of gmo weed waiting for legalization

-Yuri

16. Wasn't making a joke. Those parties actually exist

17. Oh shit my bad.. America always seems to surprise!

18. Not American lol. This is Scandinavian politics

19. LOL.

Guess not everyone is happy doth social democracy.

Existence if a pirate party suggests even there freedom is valued by some

-Yuri

20. #20 Deleted member 839659, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    Social democracy is cool. The social democratic party can suck a dick tho. They want to raise taxes again [​IMG]

edit:we don't have as much personal freedom as other Euro countries. The pirate party are in some sense libertarian. But it was the ban on online piracy tht got them started