Finally going to have a choice in wax/shatter

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by lessthanjeezy, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Hey everyone,

I am heading out to Denver for about a week, leaving this upcoming Tuesday and staying with a friend out there. While I am there I am going to check out a few different recreational dispensaries, sampling some eighths of flower and most importantly getting to try some different kinds of wax...I have only gotten to try the more sticky goopy wax and crumble on the east coast. I like them both and they both get me nice and stoned off a dab, but I am definitely going to be getting some shatter and was thinking of getting some live rosin while I am out there, but just want to make sure the price difference is worth it. Looks like the wax/crumble will be 40-60 a g, shatter 55-70 a g and rosin like 75/80 a g, plus the tax.

So for those more experienced with concentrates, what is your suggestion for me?

Thanks Blades.

2. my experience is that it isn't so much the kind or type of concentrate as it is more so about quality and potency.

if it were me though, i would try a bit of everything 8)

this your first time going to a dispensary? if it is you really owe it to yourself to try some of the more exotic stuff like moon rocks, caviar gold and that sort of thing. i would have you stay away from edibles because people just don't quite have that whole thing down yet. i have never purchased an edible that was nearly as potent as they claim it was. not a single time. the only edibles i have had that parked my ass in the couch for several hours were home made .

you really got to do some exploring and take some picks of the epic time you have. maybe comeback and show them off at Grass City [​IMG]

3. Thanks for the suggestions! This will be my second time out to the dispensaries in Denver, I was out last winter when I was snowboarding. Last time was my first ever experience with wax at all so I was very happy with the crumble haha ::smoke::

This time I know a bit more to expect and I couldn't agree more on the edibles, payed about 25 bucks for a 100 mg edible, ate the whole thing at once and barely had a buzz so I won't be purchasing any of those.

And I will definitely check out the moon rocks or caviar gold, thanks for the suggestion. This is going to be quite the vacation with nothing planned but dabs, hiking, exploring the food scene around Denver and finishing it off with a 3 day show, Riot Fest where I will be hitting a pen all day and listening to some awesome music. And I will definitely come back with pictures!

4. Everything is worth it. Get everything you can afford. I've been in SW Colorado for the summer and fucking love the dispensaries. Live resin was the most expensive at like 75 and I don't event think it was a full G, looked small but still worth it. Most amazing tasting hash I've ever had.

5. If you know anyone in Denver with a Redcard you can save about 50% on your purchase(unless things changed since I was last there)
    RiotFest has a pretty sick line up in Denver. Looks like what warp tour used to be with some added goodies(Slayer, Primus, Wu-Tang)

As for edibles. I have a really high tolerance. I only dab, no weed. It takes at least 400mg for me to feel an edible, but for someone who doesn't dab like me 200mg should be enough. Don't pay more then $20 for a 200mg edible and even that is high.

Live Resin is a bit hype IMO. I dont think its worth the extra $20+ they add on for "live resin" don't get me wrong it taste amazing and is really smooth but I just don't think the extra $ is worth it.

Enjoy yourself and take some pics.

6. I'd say don't buy any wax ever again. Just buy a hair straightener and squish buds

• Like Like x 1
  7. We are staying with someone who does have a red card but unfortunately they had to get a new card and it probably won't be there until we are already heading home so unfortunately we will probably need to just pay rec prices. Is what it is, I am just going to have a great time regardless of how much I spend, went through some major shit recently so this is a much needed vacation.

And Riot Fest does look amazing and I agree with the comment about Warped Tour, I went to about 8 of those in Camden when I was younger and I just can't wait to hear Rancid play And Out Come the Wolves... in its entirety, definitely going to be the best concert experience ever.

And Yeah, I will probably get 1 g of it just to try it since I don't get out west much and finding wax for me in NJ is really difficult so I might as well splurge a bit.

But gunna stay away from edibles and spend the money on wax and bud instead.

8. Good choice staying away from edibles. They just aren't worth it through the recreational avenue. They are limited to 100mg per edible they sell. And it usually runs atleast $16 for that 100mg, complete rip off. They are fun for gifts for your stoner buddies though, more novelty items than actual medicine.

9. I love colorado.

Attached Files:

10. Looking back on this thread, am hoping Riot Fest has another great lineup so I have an excuse to get back out to denver this summer.

11. Buy better oil when you come out here. Shouldn't be smoking that dark stuff

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. So compared to the east, were really missing out aren't we?

13. We really, really are. The amount of choice out West is mind boggling, I have been out there 3 times so far since they legalized and have had such an amazing time enjoying all the nature in Colorado (as well as all the amazing weed and hash oil)

Bummed out to see the VT legalization plan get squashed for the time being as I was going to start my plan to move there once it was underway, I can't wait until I am living in a legal state. For now, I have to stick with random NJ buds I get and recently have been able to get some varying edibles and hash oil from a couple people which is nice to have the variety, but damn to I want to just be able to walk in a store and purchase what I want.

14. Besides the nature aspect, which has always drawn people to colorado, and the herb choice too, is the herb really that much better? Choice is choice, it's absolutely nice to have, but is there that much of a quality increase from here to there? Like is a dab back east noticeably only 2/3rds as potent or something?

If you make your own I can't see it ever being much more potent, but since you say you buy, that's the questions i've had burning for quite awhile. Maybe no one in the east is meeting our full potential. Or is it just the legal part? I can get that too... i'll probably tear up the first time i purchase from a real store...

15. Well to me having the choice, knowing I am getting an Indica vs Sativa and being able to choose between the concentrates is what appeals most to me. As far as quality goes, I purchase it from where I can and when I get the G packets occasionally that come from dispensaries it usually is top notch quality, but when I buy in any weight off the street it is always a much darker shatter that usually doesn't have nearly as good a taste as the others, still gets me pretty stoned though...I also unfortunately don't have the means to make my own right now as the bud I get is very expensive, I probably don't have the best connects unfortunately, I am sure there is some really good oil around here on the East Coast. And also the legal aspect is pretty amazing, not going to lie it just kind of adds to your high knowing what you are doing is totally legal and you can just kick back, relax, take some dabs and just chill.

16. Hit me up next time you're in colorado. I will.make sure you find the best quality out here.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Will do, thank you sir...Hoping it is going to be this summer, first half of the Riot Fest lineup gets released today so that may prompt a trip out.

18. I live one province over from BC we do not have the same autonomy among provinces as there are in the states-provinces laws are dictated at a federal level(cross border is not an issue legally) but different juristictions apply the law in different ways-even within BC. We get tons of BC weed and just as good locally-but consistency and proper growing-no mold, mildew testing for thc/cbd levels the right dispensaries will have freshly stocked bud on a regular basis. The tech now being employed at BHO labs produces a product that is rarely matched and it is always wintererized to remove fats and stabilize the BHO. The rosin has to be stored well I had some pressed at a dispensary. It is nice but I don't like storing it for long, I notice a difference in terpenes and taste-I have some that has turned to dust and some older stuff that smokes alright but tastes horrible when used as an edible-I believe the fats might have went rancid. I live one province over from BC homemade vs Phyto or Phant is no comparison. They use state of the art and closed loop systems, purge and winterize their product. Break it with a tool at room temperature and some litterally shatter into shards will fly a few feet away. The best of the best really doesn't compare to the rest. Smoked some of Remo's spannabis winner on the weekend-memorable!