Adventures in organics

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PineWeasle, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Congratulations there PineWeasle. :D :D That is a nice return rate.

2. Nice harvest! Those 600's really do have more power than meets the eye!

3. #63 PineWeasle, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
    1447711135483.jpg

Northern lights x jack herrer

1447711230085.jpg

and dinafem White widow

4. #64 PineWeasle, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
    Finally got off my ass and reammended all the soil I had "chillin" in a compost sack (about 80gal in all). I gave it 1/4c per cf each Crab meal, kelp, and neem/karanja cake. Added more lime and oyster flour to correct the slight deficiency in the original mix and I threw in some rice hulls mainly to keep it aerated as it sits. I kicked it around on a tarp out back then lugged it to 35gal trashcans in my basement for the winter. Moisened the whole mix with a super heavy dose of em1 and fulpower.
    By the time I run out of my Super soil This batch should be fully cycled.

5. Stopping in for a creme brule java stout while I pick up some 6 row malt

Attached Files:

6. Now that sounds good! We have a local brewery that makes a cream stout but it's not "creamy" like a cream soda. :(

7. This stuff is excellent super rich with a lot of vanilla and coffee, very smooth and you get a nice buzz @ 7.5% abv. The downside is this brewery doesnt bottle and they don't do growler fills of the java stout[​IMG]

8. #68 PineWeasle, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
    Been sick this past week but I managed to do a bit of training and snap a few pics. Things are cruisin along buisness as usual.

Attached Files:

9. Plants look healthy. Take their example. ;) Hope you are feeling better.

10. I decided to transplant the Pineapple express plant that is my current mother into a spare 15gal airpot that I usually use outside for tomatoes and such. I had to bend her over every which way to accommodate the extra height of the pot plus the extra leg room she will have. I am hoping one more month will be enough time to fill out her new space, might be able to get a qp off of her when all said and done.

11. Got some early christmas money so I decided to order some more supplemental lighting. http://amzn.com/B015M3CWZA These will replace the cfl bulbs i have hanging, and I am thinking that I can do a simulated sunrise and sunset by having the leds come on 1 hr befor the HPS and have the hps turn off an hour early, so 12 hrs led and only 10hrs of hps.

Now its time to dab and do some transplanting.

12. My big PE all bent over in her new 15 gal w/sip

Attached Files:

13. Those look expensive for what they can do. I'm so nervous with non name brand electronics.

14. I figured they would work well for me because A) They fit my space B) they fit my under 500 budget and C) I can replace and upgrade bulbs as needed

15. I, like a lot of folks around here, have spider mites rearing their tiny ugly heads.[​IMG] I only see them in my bloom room on 2 plants, no sign of them in the veg room. I will make sure to always work the bloom room last so as not to transfer any of them. I am too far into bloom to spray anything but far enough away from harvest to not do anything so I thing I will release a swarm of ladybugs in there to knock em back til harvest.

16. The struggle is real

17. Made my way out to a dispensary to see what they had as far as seeds go. The selection was ... lacking. Although out of my three choices and what quick phone reserch I could do, for the bud tenders knowledge of cannabis strain was ... lacking, I ended up with ZOD from Moxie. I am not sure what to expect from it because the moxie website is a wreck but I am excited to try it out once I make some space in my veg room to pop some more seeds. Also picked up some samples of other strains while I was there, and after growing for several years now it feels really odd buying weed. Ended up grabbing some Querkle, Forum cut Blue Cookies, Super Glue, and Jacks Cleaner. But Damn Jacks cleaner has a nose on it. It smells like a skunk drowned in a bucket of simple green. I will not smoke that outside of the house it is too damn loud.[​IMG]

18. Its IPM day here, stepping up to 3x this week with the presence of 2spot mites in the veg (despite my best efforts). With all the mite discussion on other threads I am going with a rotation of Spinosad and lavender today, Neem & rosemary next, then Lemonbalm and lavender.
    I am looking at harvesting my PE on Christmas which is well timed seeing as I have no plans and nothing is open. Sorry no pics I have been lazy with the camera.

On a side note spraying a gallon with aromatherapy grade lavender will leave you feeling surprisingly relaxed seeing as you are battling pests

19. I was supposed to spray yesterday but didn't so I was gonna today but didn't. Maybe tomorrow? It can smell nice or stinky but it's still spraying. lol

20. Monday is the one day when I can always get off work early enough to spray just as lights go out