Adventures in organics

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PineWeasle, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Took some pics today (Day 42 in bloom). Smell is amazing and buds are plumping. Took a look under the scope and saw a few cloudy trics on the PE. I am thinking one more week for the PE and probably two weeks for the NL. [​IMG] The veg room is staying nice and low with all the lst (no topping or FIMing this time) The PE are starting to get a nice spiral. My two seedlings (White Widow and Jack herer x NL)are getting some nice growth on them, both are showing indica dominant leaves.

I have been having a blast (or a suck) with my new leaf vac. I didn't have enough leaves at my house so I cleared my neighbors and actually filled the bin pictured by taking a trash can down the street and sucking up the pile someone nicely gathered at the curb. Im sure my neighbor will be confused as to where that big ass pile of leaves went when we didn't have a street cleaning[​IMG] And that pile is really kicking now with 130F at the bottom/middle you can warm your hands at the top. Next I will fill my two bean trellises, must have more leaves.

And a bonus pic of my mustard, oat, and pea cover crop in what will be my tomato bed next to my raspberries.

Attached Files:

2. I missed this by a few days. Really into how your garden and compost piles Pineweasel. Looks great.

3. Thanks, I have really trying to put more effort into my garden recently and I'm excited to harvest my leaf mold in the spring, it's been @140 for over a week now

4. strictly leaves in the heap and it's hitting 140 degrees?

J

5. I have a bunch of coffee grounds in there also.

6. Phone was being stupid so I didn't get any pics yet but I harvested my pineapple express. Granted I usually pull PE early but at 46 days it was already getting a bit more amber than I like it [​IMG]. I cant get over how stupid fast this matured, this would be a good strain for cash cropping. And the smell is just lovely in my basement now, a sweet fruity/floral with just a hint of pungency. Its going to be hard waiting for this to cure[​IMG]

7. Nice! My room smells like bubblegum. I'm supposed to harvest at 70 days but they're not going to be ready. The one under the most stress is looking very behind the others.

I can't say for sure but when my plants finish early it's because they were root bound at the end.

8. Been very busy in the garden lately, As I stated earlier I harvested the Pineapple Express @46 days. I have that manicured now and ready for an early sample. 20151102_113012 - Copy.jpg Smokes great, super smooth, has a fresh lemony scent and similar bright citrus taste. Very relaxed and euphoric high with little to no couch lock. Off of the 4 plants in 5 gal containers I got 6.41oz plus a lot of good trim / popcorn buds for wax and tincture. 20151102_112843.jpg Today I took down 4 Northern lights, again earlier than normal by about 5 days. I think the SST is really paying off. 20151102_103437.jpg 20151102_103515.jpg 20151102_103639.jpg These will hang for about 5 days before the are ready to manicure, I keep a dehumidifier going set to 60% and a fan blowing indirectly to keep it drying steadily. 20151102_212250.jpg 20151102_212305.jpg I didn't see any insect activity so I refilled the room with the usual 4 PE / 4 NL all topdressed w/ EWC and Oyster shell flour and a fresh layer of bark mulch. Tonight was "Neem Night" so both rooms got sprayed.

In talking in other threads I really want to get some new genetics. I feel like I have been at this for long enough to branch out into some different genetics. Being anti social I don't go out to many med meetings, not like I have the time to anyways, so I have always ordered online from european seedbanks. Don't get me wrong these genetics are solid, but I know a lot of cool things are being done locally in the states. Rambling aside I am looking for suggestions for new genetics that I can acquire in MI. GO.

Attached Files:

9. SST's are one of the methods people are reporting as being able to actually lower maturation times. I know Paka and several others have noticed dramatic differences. Since i haven't run any controls i can't say for sure, but it hasn't shown any negative impact at the rate i use them at.

Very good work PineWeasel. I'm sure you must be smiling with that nice stack of flowers to smoke now. :D

10. Have you tried a medical farmers market? All the locals come to sell their extra stuff and seeds they've made. You'll find everything you need at a market.

11. unfortunately farmers market style exchanges are not exactly legal in Michigan. We have dispensaries but they all operate in a legal grey area

12. Dang. There's a Michigan specific forum you could try too.

13. #53 PineWeasle, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
    So i spent a goo chunk of this morning processing trim from the PE. I made 2.4gr BHO shatter and started 14floz of glycerine tincture. (pics to come)

Attached Files:

14. This evenings activities

Attached Files:

15. One week into bloom PE

Attached Files:

16. Everything's looking nice and healthy!!

17. Got some goodies for my reammendment

Attached Files:

18. Well since you can emulsify it....lol! That cake meal really does get the fungi roaring. My worms dig it. Literally. have you considered asking chunk if he could move your journal into the grow journals section? Maybe more folks would get a chance to see it? It worked for someone else. only reason I suggest it. Have a good day!!

19. Yeah, I was new to the forum when I made this and put it in the wrong section, really should be in with the journals.

20. So I weighed out the northern lights and had just over 9oz from the 4 plants plus over 2oz of good trim. With the 6.5 oz of Pineapple I yielded over 15 oz in my 5x5 room and 600 watts. This is by far the best yield to date. I think if I add some more supplemental light like some led bars I might be able to increase the yield a bit more.