First grow high expectations

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ant Dog, Aug 21, 2015.

1. #821 Ant Dog, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
    Hahahaha you gonna be more lucky than me once you get that order going .

• Like Like x 1
  2. So guys I got some good news . I got some hammer of the gods seeds coming . I literally don't have any money but my boy is hooking me up . We go way back and I hooked him with a quarter off the alien harvest the other day and now he's hooking me up with some beans . I wasn't gonna have the money to get new beans for a while so I'm way excited about this . I really wanted in that grow off but now at least I have the beans . They sound amazing

• Like Like x 1
  3. I wonder if 9# hammer is from same gene pool
    I will check

4. it is . It's a cross of that and white lighting . It's a new strain

• Like Like x 1
  5. Should be some rock hard nugs then

6. #826 Ant Dog, Nov 30, 2015
    I hope so . I guess you had 9 pound hammer ? I'm deff looking forward to growing it out . It will be my first reg seeds too . My photos I got growing now all came fem fem seeds

7. #827 Ant Dog, Nov 30, 2015
    I'm hoping the weather stays cold for a while . When my heat kicks on it lowers my humidity and maybe the humidy is just lower when it's colder idk . Anyways the humidity was at 65 percent in my tent last night . That's after taking the air filters off my fans to increase circulation . No good for all the buds in the tent . It's wall to wall buds in there now . It's 55 percent in there tonight . I really need to get a dehumidifier but for now I hope it stays cold . I can live with 55 percent

8. 9# hammer. Fat dense nugs that tastes like grapefruit zest and smarties candy....you remember those!

Attached Files:

9. yes sir .the reviews was awesome

10. #830 Ant Dog, Nov 30, 2015
    News keeps getting better . I just talked to George from The Vault and he said I can get in the grow off that I have my own seeds . Lots of experienced good growers in this . I think it's gonna be a great leaning experience and just a lot of fun .

For the record I have alway fought outside my weight class . I'll hurt somebody my size

11. That is great news Ant Dog ! Congrats on getting the H.O.G seeds. This should be an interesting grow off with all you top notch growers.
    How do you keep the Hempy Buckets water warm in the winter/colder months ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. i haven't had any issues with temps her Bro . Temps been maxing out around 76 and the current temp is 71 with the lights out and 2 hrs lights on . My temps don't fluctuate all much at all . I believe environmental conditions are just as important as light . As long as your temp ain't crazy hot or cold you should have no problems with temps ...I do the tent on top of 2 x 4s and under the 2 x 4 s I have that pink insulation under the wood . I do the same in my closet . I have a trailer so my floors get cold . I have double insulated the walls of my closet for the same reason .

Also before I got my temps dialed in we had a couple of rough nights during the seedling stage . 98 degrees one night for at least 4 hrs before I found them with no fans on . They was only like a week old at this time . No damage if any . They was not in Hempys yet but they was in coco . I have read coco helps if your temps are hot in the roots zone . Not sure if it helps with cold though

So what I'm trying to say is temps will not be an issue for your resivoir unless you have crazy hot or room temps .

And thank you very much . I'm really excited to be growing with such great growers . I think this will be a great opportunity to learn . I wouldn't call my self top notch . I'm still learning brother but what better way to learn than running with the big dogs . I do take lots of pride in anything I do and strive to do the best I can . My dad taught long ago to do always give your best . I don't care what your job is you can be mopping floors but you mop that floor the best you can . Have the prettiest floor around

• Like Like x 1
  13. You guys like my ghetto reflector I threw together real quick 60 watts View attachment 1928659 . This should give me another week before I turn on the veg box . No sense using electric i don't need . I need this light on anyways for my clones but I have to keep it far away because it's to strong for cuttings . I need to get a like 10 watt or something small for them but this works . Just using about 45 more watts than I actually need . To much light will kill your cuttings with the quickness . A look at the cuttings I just took a couple of nights ago ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448912990.262254.jpg see how far away I keep them form the light ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448913136.531222.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ghetto reflector pic ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448913493.892851.jpg this pic is suppose to be the first pic in my last post . I'm always forgetting to put my pics with my post

• Like Like x 1
  15. #835 Ant Dog, Nov 30, 2015
    I just cut a the reflective car windshield material and taped it on to my clip lamp I use for my clones . I don't know if anybody remembers but i have used this stuff for a reflector before and it works great . I used it on the insides of a small dresser to make my veg box as well ........... Was any of you guys with me way back than ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448914181.661742.jpg I even built a little fan into it but that bitch was still hot as fuck with the fan . 415 watts will just cook without the fan . I don't use the reflector any more . I have made the top of my veg box into my reflector like so ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448914830.159326.jpg so I'm not sure why I'm rambling on about this . Oh that's right I just made a new reflector and I wanted to talk about what its made out of . It's made from left over would be trash from past projects . I really like that car window shield light reflector material . It works great . I bet it's made of Mylar or something similar at least . I don't get the cheaper ones though . They feel flimsy and the material doesn't look as reflective for some reason . I go all out and get the good shit Hahahaha . I think it's only 12 bucks for one

Attached Files:

16. Thank you Ant Dog for the info on Hempys. Got me thinking,and yes thinking hurts ! lol
    My whole set up is ghetto ! I made my reflectors out of trailer skirting and painted them white. I only bought a sheet of plywood,light fixtures,bulbs, a cheap timer and 12 volt power adapters for my set up. I got the adapters and timer at the salvation army for cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  17. not a problem bro . I try to make sure what I have work as well . Like my first tank works great for cloning and now early veg . My veg box is an old small dresser . I did my closet with wood I had laying around . I still ended up spending mad money to set things up . The lights set me back the most . Took me 4 kinds of nutes to figure out what I like best but now that I have things dialed in a little I don't spend much . I want to upgrade before the summer . I'm gonna try to double my space so that's gonna cost

18. Right on bro! So you just do a pic journal? What's the guidelines?

19. Our pops sound a lot alike...Lol! Sorry I'm replying as I read so I don't forget...aint that some stoner shit!I like the the ingenuity we use in our hobby. Limitless options in just about every aspect of it. Some of those windshield reflectors are similar to grow tent material. Shit ain't gotta be mirror reflective although that may be best, as long as it throws light back. I think the theory that wrinkles in mylar decrease performance. I think if tested it would be insignificant and considered a myth. :rolleyes:

20. No kidding! 6 feet of snow in New England stops nothing!