First grow high expectations

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ant Dog, Aug 21, 2015.

1. #21 Ant Dog, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
    A close up of my ms sleepy head . She's about 15 hrs late to the party but she made it View attachment 1855433

• Like Like x 1
  2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440217081.515245.jpg so today I left my pants alone for a few hrs . I come home and one is missing a leaf . Think the sun in the window could of burned it off ? Think it is going to be ok . Anyway to fix it or is it a done deal ? Thanks for any help pleas . I'm so upset about this

3. The other 3 look fine . I don't understand what happened to her

4. I'm pretty sure she is done . I think I was a little to rough with the rapid rooters when I was planting . It was hanging out a little so I kinda forced it down . I must of damage the leave and it must of ripped all the way off as is pushed out . I imagine I'll have a few more hiccups being this is my first grow . Lessons learned

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440277726.031246.jpg the good news is my three remaining ladies seem to be happy . They sat in a bright window till noon today . They seemed to dry out in the window . So I watered them pretty good and stuck them out side for about an hour in direct sunlight . They are now under 2 60 watt cfl's . I can't check on them till I get home from work at midnight so I left the lights about 8 inches above them to be safe

• Like Like x 1
  6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440429615.352329.jpg my ladies seem to be doing ok . I increased the light yesterday . 180 watt of cfl . They each are now staying under there own 60 watt light ( about 1.5 inches above them ) . I have them outside right now so I can do a little work in their room . They seem to enjoy a few hrs in the sun . 75 to 85 degrees temp and 42 to 60 percent humidity have been the range in their little box . I have also been watering ( 5. 8 ph well water ) them daily . The perlite / coco as been drying out really fast

7. #28 sensimj, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    hey nice little baby's you have there, I'm currently doing my first grow too it'll be interesting to match our results. Attached picture is 7 day old super skunk seedling under 2 20w 4000 lumen cfls. Will be switching too 200w within a week as the roots are looking strong and I don't want to pot bound them.

Attached Files:

8. Total light right now 180 watts ( 3 60 watt 6400 k )

9. yeah man . That will be real cool . Maybe we can learn from each other along the way

10. if you make a journal I'll follow you . Hopefully you can pick up some help along the way as well . Pretty baby you got there

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440479060.308324.jpg Just got home from work and checked on the girls . They seem to be happy but really thirsty . I had to water them twice the last 2 days . I guess this perlite / coco mix really does dry at fast . The humidity is at 36 percent in their box so it's a little dry in there and nice and warm at 81 degrees

• Like Like x 1
  12. I turned the extra fan I had on off and the humidity is now 47 percent . It warmed up to 86 though

13. they look fine, I have my fans on a timer at the minute so I can control the humidity a little better. Try not to let the Temps go over 90

• Like Like x 1
  14. good idea about the timer . I have 2 of them I don't even have hooked up yet . I wasn't aware of how much the fans would affect the humidity level . Thanks for the advise bro

15. #36 sensimj, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
    Don't forget your plants love air at this stage, my humidity has been around 50 - 60 % temps at 22.5 - 25c since they sprouted and so far I'm seeing awesome results. Today I have some thick white fluffy roots appearing at the bottom of my pots [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. #37 Ant Dog, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
    True . Im at 50 percent humidity and 82 degrees this morning with both my fans running . I guess the humidity level drops at night time . So I'm thinking I'll set one of my fans to turn off around 8 pm .........My girlfriend playing with the air conditioners thermostat while I'm at work isn't helping me get a consistent temp profile at all ( telling her I don't care if your hot it's all about my plants is not going to go over to well ) lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Haha dude I have the same problem! Come home the other day to 24c on thermostat and I freaked out! Keep in mind humidity raises during lights off but your plants won't be affected at this stage. Come flowering you will need a dehumidifier if you can't lower the humidity, I'll be switching to a 400w hps for flower and that lowers my humidity to 40% (according to my test run last week)

18. #39 Ant Dog, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
    Yeah man 77 percent humidity outside but I'm struggling to keep my humidity up . I'm at work now but I had my girl check it for me . Down to 22 percent so I had her spray some water on the walls . That brought it up to 49 percent . It was around 40 percent when I left work . I know she turned the AC up and it dropped the humidity level in the house .

• Like Like x 2
  19. I'm getting 400 hps for flowering as well . I should have it in a couple of weeks