The immigrant I work for...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Cawdswallup, Aug 20, 2015.

1. #41 garrison68, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    My parents stayed together but one of them died young, when I was a teenager. Had that parent not died, there is no question in my mind that they never, in a million years, would have split up while raising us, even if they hated each other.

Very few parents got divorced when I was growing up, and before that.

Many people today do not have what it takes to do the right thing. They do not place their children's happiness and welfare first, they put their own priorities before them. They are not mature adults, have no concept of commitment, and have no business producing and raising children. They fuck up and place the blame elsewhere, like what you are doing. I have not heard you say that you ever made a mistake, not once during this entire conversation. This in itself is a pretty good indication of what the typical parent today is like.

2. I'm probably you're age or maybe older. I'm pushing 50 ya back then nobody broke up. Kids also got to watch daddy own mommy. Times have changed.

Children's happiness???? Come on man how happy is a child with 2 parent that fight everyday and hate each other.. So if that was your parents you would want them to stay together? Fk no dude that will mess a kid up more then watching 2 parents move on to happy healthy relationships. Fk man half the reason. People are so messes up today is that they watched our parents generation stick it out when it should of ended. Maybe you didn't notice all the abuse that went on behind closed doors. Back then fathers owned their wives. Disciplined children with abuse, beat there wives. It was just done behind closed doors. Life wasn't the fairy tale you remember. Now look at us, everyone's on anti depressants, mood alterer, anti this happy that.....blah blah blah. Several because our generation sat around and watched our parents have shit relationships. But because society said stick it out, they did. now we have new parents that are super fkd up. Hell no. A separated family may not be the best but its better then the alternative...

Ayou still haven't shown anything about how all men's lives are over and ruined when they have kids. Its just not true

3. By the way I've made more mistakes then most. Don't know what that has to do with the topic at hand but there it is like everyone else including you I've fkd up at points in life

4. I do not agree that everybody is taking mood drugs because the previous generations, our parents and previous ancestors, stayed together and did not separate, so that they could give their children the benefits of a two-parent household. Taking mood-altering prescription drugs is not the answer to fucking up your own life, nor is blaming the stable household system of the past.

The picture you paint of a high degree of "abuse behind closed doors" is simply not true.

You are justifying your generation's fuck-up attitudes about life and family.

A "separated family" is not a family, and this is what I am warning the young against. Why don't you tell them the truth, that you fucked up and had kids with somebody that was not right for you, your children now have to grow up without a mother, and that they'd best avoiding having children unless they're absolutely ready, and have a partner that is also very together and committed to this over the long haul?

Sorry to write harsh things, but this is Pandoras Box. You are doing the best you can, with those kids, I'm sure, but it's not better than a good two-parent household could be. Sorry, but this is just the way I see it.

5. So two people who hate each other raising a child is better than a separated family? Can't say I can agree to that in the least.

6. lol what harsh things? I'm a big boy. You didn't say anything harsh. Lol I guess you would of rather watched your parents hate each other. No wonder your so messed up. I never said everyone was on antidepressants for that reason just some. You really are clueless aren't you? I guess being raised the way you were may have led you down the path of not understanding dual parenting and how 2 parents arguing all the time can damage a developing child but that's something you can't help. I guess taking advice about children or advice on 2 parents raising children isn't something you have experience with. I'm sorry about that. Sorry if that's too harsh for you. Hope your big enough ti handle the truth. When it comes to raising children your extremely clueless. Its much better for a child to watch 2 parents separate then watch them fight. That just teaches a kid daily fighting is normal and the cycle continues. Just like this generation the last generation and the generation before. I'm glad you're absolutely perfect and are still with the 1st girl you ever cared for but for the rest if the world we're not super human kid haters that never make mistakes...lol must be awesome being a god.....lol.... Sorry bro parenting advice is not you're thing. someone with experience is a bit is alot more qualified then you. No fkn way was my kids going to be raised watching me and my ex argue. That wasn't our plan when we decided to have children, nor would it have been safe for a child's development. Man bro you really don't understand childhood development. Guess that would come with having no kids.

7. #47 killset, Aug 24, 2015
    You still can't tell me how my life is over. Remember saying all fathers life's are over and how kids are miserable? Remember the 1st thing we began discussing and youre still dancing around. Maybe my life was over when I taught my youngest to take his training wheels off at the start of summer. Or maybe its over when I watch my 5th grader play his 1st year of football....oh oh I know my life will be over this hunting season when I take my oldest on his 1st deer hunt. I mean I was excited when he shoot his 1st squirrel but a deer oh boy I'm going to be so fkn miserable.....my life is over. How dare me and my child have a happy healthy relationship. I guess I should be in the no child club so I can have cool little saying about 2 incomes and staying together. Something you unfortunately didn't experience as a child. OK you got me maybe single parenting does raised messed up adults, single parenting raised you. If you don't want kids then cool, but you don't get to speak for the rest of us.

Dude your so clueless about parenting and child development.

8. life is not better without children im a father of 6 children had my first son wen i was 16 years old wasnt planned but these things happen my children make me happier than any other thing on the planet if you dont have kids how can u possibly suggest to be better without them my oldest son is now 19 years old an my youngest is 16 months old i have lived life with no regrets and ive been terminally ill contracting meningitis 3 times and having brain surgery twice is a walk in the park wen you have the love of children pushing you through

9. You do not know that life is not better without children, because you started having children when you were a child yourself.

10. I was not rasied in a single parent household in my most formative years, my parent did not die until I was in high school. That was not easy, but better than if I'd been really young. My parents did not fight, at least I never witnessed, and if they did they did the right thing and kept it out of sight from the children, something that many of today's parents are not willing to do.

Raising children is a hobby, which is risky and expensive. Unfortunately, the other party, the offspring, have no say in how it's done so of course they'll have to be happy with whatever they have.

Have fun when you're 72 years old and still working in order to help support grandchildren that your children cannot afford, like my neighbors who can't retire - the grandmother works and the grandfather is stuck picking them up from school and babysitting for them 3 or 4 times a week. And these kids have two parents that work full time.

11. So, OP, where do you live that minimum wage is around 10 an hour .?

12. i was young yes but i can garauntee it hasnt taken anything away from my life infact quite the opposite i would never know the awesomeness kids bring had i not had any i lived my younger years just as fully as any1 else my age i just had resposabilitys wich aint a bad thing

13. How about education, did you finish high school?

14. will you enjoy wen your 72 with no kids or grandkids to come visit care for you make your days so much happier wen you can look back with pride at your children and ther children enjoying ther lifes surrounded by family and unlimited love by not having children aint a garauntee your life will be plain sailing

15. #55 killset, Aug 24, 2015
    lol raising children is a hobby? You just went from clueless remarks to stupid remarks. My parents were happily married for 58 years. I didn't have kids until 39 years old. I am set in life and at the time had a healthy happy relationship. Something external happened that caused the relationship to end but I won't be working until 72 unless I choose too. Neither will my children or their children. You don't know my financial situation. Without getting into detail the land alone they will inherit is enough to support a decent lifestyle. The same land I inherited. Not rich but set. Parenting isn't a hobby my regular daily job is a hobby. You keep dancing bud. So lets get back on target here. You're original points are

1. All fathers lives end when they have children

2. Its better for a child to be raised in a household where 2 parents hate each other then to live in a separated situation.

3. a father can legally divorce a mother but not actually get away from her
    4. children are miserable

All of this is false.

1. Mine along with other fathers who love being fathers lives just begun. You're feeling about it does not matter. We're the fathers not you

2. That's just dumb and half the reason peoples relationships are getting more and more fkd up. People who shouldn't be together but stick together in a messed up relationship because they feel they should. I'm not living life miserable while my kids watch so they think that's normal. That's just dumb and a great way to fuck up a kids head.

3 I'm living proof thus is false. I know alot of others in the same boat. Stop living in the past

4. Mine aren't and they sure as hell don't make me miserable. I know alot of others in that boat too.

Yes a perfect loving relationship would be best. Doesn't always happen. Kids sure as hell shouldn't be drug threw the dysfunction. You don't want kids that's awesome, don't have any. I find it funny you all have logos and shit, that's pathetic. Whose life is such a waste they sit around and comes up with anti parenting crap. That's good shit...lol do you have badges and id cards too? Are your dues paid up

16. yes with great exam results have worked since i finished school i now earn a great wage and only work around 6months a year means more time with kids every1 needs to work hard make sacrafices to get what they want im not saying it was easy wen i was younger and yes did help from my parents now and then wich happens to people with no kids also

17. this thread is lost.

18. This man finished high school, folks, with "great exam results". Kinda makes you wonder.

19. #59 garrison68, Aug 24, 2015
    Not one of these single fathers has admitted that maybe, just maybe, having children when very young, and/or with the wrong partner, was a mistake.

People of previous generations would at least admit that they should have waited until they had more security, before having children. Not this generation, no sir, they don't make mistakes like that, and if they do they damn well won't admit it.

They're fucked, whether they know it or not. Don't make the same mistake, you'll never miss what you didn't have - and you'll have a lot more if you're child-free, including money, time, peace of mind, and youthfulness that is lost when you have to worry about children, and then grandchildren. I regret not doing some things in life, but being child-free is not one of them, it was the smartest thing I ever did.

Having children to fill an emptiness in your life is not the answer. That is just plain wrong, whatever way you look at it.

20. So, how about this immigrant wanting to buy a wife. Wild stuff!