REALSTYLES IS ABOUT TO GO OPTIC

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by REALSTYLES, Aug 19, 2015.

1. So I give it about a month till I get some more diy units up, maybe by that time I'll be ready to jump into some Cree instead of these vero.... Or is it even that much better?

2. Cree better efficiency than vero

3. yeah i see that the cree is a lil more than twice the cost of a vero but these data sheets suck to read. I see the recommended voltage and current but how many watts should be going to each one. which drivers did you use for that new one you got with the lens ?

4. HLG-185H-C700A will run 4 3590's 211watts and I run 8 cobs for a total of 422watts and I'm runnuing turned down to 195watts per panel due to summer. I can't wait until winter to run them full power.

5. AHHHHHHhhhhhh i seeeeee, so the same drivers i have but instead of running 2 lights they run 4 of those, gotcha

6. If you are using Vero 29 you should use 1050 or 1400ma , because Cree CXB is a different monster.

7. Yeah man, I am running mine at 1.1A @ 36.7V at the moment due to shitty heatsinking.

Take a look at my panel reals. tell me if you like my drivers? 75w Samsung drivers.

8. so this is what i'm using to run my 4 vero29 35K COBs DSC_0033.JPG

but i think i wanna try some cree next time i tinker

10. 1 driver for 4 veros? 1 of these HLG-185H-C700A?

11. yes and can do 7

12. oh wow i don't know how i got this so off... so i guess i was just looking at the recommendation of wattage, i'm still like half the max watts (90/vero)....so am i making the right color i'm even looking for running these this way? i guess at $25/vero it's not a big loss if one goes bad, but i gotta get this all figured out before i get into these $70 cxbs.

so i guess i'm just missing out on the spread i could have with the light?? pretty much saying i need to drop one driver and wire all of my vero together?

i'll prob just let them ride for the two weeks i have left of this tent then fix everything when they are done (cause it sounds like i'll be getting less light taking out a driver)....maybe that's why the plants are booming out like crazy under each vero

13. #38 LEDgrowman, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015
    Is there a noticeable heat difference with the drivers in running a single HLG to a single 3590 over running a single HLG to 4 3590s? Thanks man.

14. Hey reals buddy, had to shut down my HPS due to heat concerns, so while I wait for my cobs, and driver to come in I want to make some changes to my cab, got a quick question for ya if you don't mind...

How close are you able to run these to the plants without bleaching them with these 3590's? Each one of mine will be running between 250-500mah depending on where I set the dimmer. I got limited space so I'm trying to optimize for my perpetual garden

15. Looks good with the lenses REALs!
    Where did you source them? I want to use some, or at least some reflectors to get the angle down to about 90* instead of 120* with the bare cobs.
    Why did you use lenses instead of reflectors? any particular reasons? or simply availability?