REALSTYLES IS ABOUT TO GO OPTIC

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by REALSTYLES, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Yeah I said it going optic well building a panel with optics here's what I have to use and I will be making a panel today stay tuned

SAM_0862.JPG
    SAM_0863.JPG

2. Here's a pic of the light in action Cree CXB3590 CD 3500k

SAM_0879.JPG

3. Aaaahhhh shit! It's goin down and I got front row tickets!

4. Subbed. Building a panel right now and thinking about doing something similar, but with only 5 3590's

Expect a PM in the next day or so

5. Real styles dazed and stoned is my boy. Legit dude for sure. Both of you have helped me tremendously at times I appreciate both of you!

6. That's looks like a crazy fucking light lol

7. @NorthernAutos it is gonna flower in 2 days Mad Man og and I have them turned down to 195 watts in a 2x3x5 tent

8. Can't wait to see what these do, especially with lenses. I just ordered some that will be at 500mah likely dialed down to 250mah though

Curious as to how close you have them to the tops? I have a 16"x33"x69" cab that I would like to split in half and have two of these panels running, hoping I will not bleach them!

9. Mind me asking how much that cost to build? No worries if not... just may be in the market for a new light soon.

I'll be here watching em flower!

10. Depends on how many COBs you want per panel. If you want something like this with 8 lights and a PAR W/ ft² almost identical to a 600W HPS if given the 10-20% loss off a reflector- then you are looking at about $700+ dollars by the time you add your cobs, drivers, heatsink, fans, and odds and ends. The bulk being those I mentioned, odds and ends won't be much. Mind you this one time investment will last you about 10-15+ years of continuous use if running soft. You are also drawing about 1/3- 1/2 the energy of an equivalent HPS with about ⅓ less heat.

Lower power usage and heat is always a blessing when growing indoor.

11. With the lenses around $760+ to make the light

12. Love to see DIY projects it's great to see your take on a LED panel and the coverage in that space looks flawless.

What made you choose the CXB3590 specifically? Seems like there's so many options from Cree.

13. Bringing some more your way realstyles, I'm getting lots of interest in cob's now. Keep it active and keep it "REAL" everyone. Glad you all made it to the show!

14. Here is a good side by side. It has a cob light an hid and a top led brand

15. i'd just go for the top!!! hahha

damn that light looks way too legit man, can't wait to build a real "unit"...

but here is what a couple days under the vero has done to my ladies

DSC_0007.JPG

16. Efficiency
    No it's not I know the guy who makes heavenbrite he's on RIU

17. is it Gaius? How do you like the lenses so far? Do they increase the heat a little?

18. Aquariuspanta. Love the lenses and no heat