Need help with Spider Mites

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by cromieee, Aug 19, 2015.

1. #1 cromieee, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    g

2. lady bugs, sm-90 or predatory mites or neem oil but i would only use neem oil in clone in veg (personal preference).
    I would start with Sm-90 spray once wait three days spray again. Wait a day check to see you if you still got the little bastards if so release the lady bugs. If all else fails Flomite(nasty, expensive but gets the job done) also buy another fan to help keep the little trouble makers from coming back also apray your plants with ph balanced water to help kill the little buggers (they pop if to much water is present but it is impossible to kill them all with just water).

3. Use mighty wash or that sm-90 is good. If you don't have anything more then a couple hairs showing u could spray some neem. You really need to be careful though. Then the best shit is from the guy that created might wash can remember what it's called but it's in a black bottle. It's The Best Shit Out There Just charged water molecules I think.

4. I have mite problems too.....been fighting them..... but they came back so far I have used green cleaner and asamax in veg it helped but not enough to keep them from returning in flower.... I have released 1500 ladybugs in to my grow area.....pick a plant out each day to spray with ph water out of the flower tent and vacuum the webs off the top of the mites favorite plant a green Crack on day 53 of flower

5. I just found out I also have some fooking mites. 1st time dealing with em and I have about 2 weeks of flower left to go. Read a bunch of shit and decided to try a dual approach of household shit. I dont have $$ to buy the chems so Im trying the ol' fashioned way. We shall see.

Step one: 70% IPA - sprayed with solution and the alcohol should kill mites on contact and evaporate quickly enough to not do too much harm to the plants...supposedly ;)

Step two: Cayenne pepper solution - 3Tbsp of cayenne pepper and about a tsp of dawn dishsoap added to 1 gallon of water. The theory I guess is the capsicum is a central nervous attacker to the mites and the dish soap is supposed to dry out the mites environment in turn creating an inhospitable place to chill.

I sprayed the IPA all over the plants concentrating on the undersides of the leaves. I let that sit for a couple hours and then sprayed the pepper solution, also drenching the plant focusing on the undersides.

I will repeat this process a couple times a day if needed. Im hoping the constant cleaning and spraying will kill the majority and keep the rest away long enough to harvest in 2 weeks.

Im running Cali Connections Tahoe OG Kush under a 600w. Troubles with high temps all grow may have contributed to the mites but IDK honestly. Im pretty sure they came in from outside as I have no interactions with other routes. I dont take clones and all my plants have only been in one room.

6. I can confirm the alcohol solution is relatively affective. I had mites on my babies which just took gender. I used a 1:4 solution found it wasn't strong enough and bumped it to 1:1 of alcohol and water. Spray them down before the lights go out or when night comes i find is more effective.

7. #7 Veeners5, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
    Thanks offblue, always appreciated man! Yeah, they got to mine late in flower and the problem is still in the early stages. I dont think any of the eggs have hatched yet so catching the problem early is crucial to home solutions being effective. I didnt even find webbing so it cant be too far gone yet.

8. I used green cleaner every other day for 10 days ,sprayed till drenched and driping from every where at 2 ounce per gallon ......no more mite and i had them bad .

Hope this helps someone

9. ..... mites are back.... green cleaner helped it got rid of 99% of them. where i could not find any but they are back just treated with floramite couple days ago.... we'll see what happens. ....

10. Hydrogen Peroxide. Available in most drug stores, but it's only 3%. still, it could work

If not, beauty supplies have 30-40%, which needs to be diluted 10:1

Spray early in the day. repeat for 4-5 days

Byproduct is H2O

11. What is reason of that how do you think? Although you used the spray.

12. Super mites....
    My room is sealed.

13. Floramite worked well.....there gone for now fingers crossed

14. Spinosad and ladybugs

15. #15 stoner719, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
    Lady bugs did not help me made them a home fed them raisins gave them a wet sponge to drink on I had 1500 of them did not help

16. I got a bug problem too and I'm using green cleaner, what's your thoughts on using them while the lights are on. I have 2 750 gavita lights.

17. #17 stoner719, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
    I have a 4k garden 2k on one side 2k on the other side so I turn the lights off on the side I'm spraying so there's no intense light on the freshly sprayed plants and l turn on lights once plants are dry then repeat process on the other side

18. Mayde be u could do something similar with your gavitas

19. good idea my stoner friend!!! Thanks for the advice

20. isn't floramite for ornamentals only!! Not to be used for products being ingested...