What should we do about illegal immigration?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nativetongues, Aug 19, 2015.

1. so what??? Its still not their share. Cash jobs are cash jobs. I would love to hire help for a fraction of the cost. Trade this old beat up wallet in on a wheel barrow to hold my cash. But I would be further adding to the destruction of America's economy

2. I've always said do it legally and its fine. Be here illegally and be ready to be treated like a criminal. Not everything I do is quite considered legal do to where I live. I except that and am willing to take the consequences. Jump the border, except that you're a criminal.

3. Why are you so against people doing labor and providing things cheaper? Why do you value fake fiat money over real stuff? Do you know what economics is about? Do you know its NOT about creating jobs but creating more stuff? Learn about money how it originated and evolved and how it has been stolen. Your mis guided negativity towards people on the other side of a imaginary line will soon dissappear.

Attached Files:

4. because it destroys the economy and makes it harder for legal citizens to make a decent living. I have no misguided negatively. They're ILLEGAL immigrants.....not legal.

5. Its really sad to see that there are still people that dont treat immigrants like humans. Do you guys know why they leave their countries ? Because they have no fuckin choice simple as that. You would do the same.

6. #246 Techno mechanical fox, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
    I agree that immigrants are people, but do not support open borders or large waves of immigration to the US, since that will drive down the minimum wage. And yes, you do have a choice when leaving one country to another. There are really few exceptions to that.
    "What right-wing people in this country would love is an open-border policy. Bring in all kinds of people, work for $2 or $3 an hour, that would be great for them. I don't believe in that. I think we have to raise wages in this country, I think we have to do everything we can to create millions of jobs."
    https://berniesanders.com/open-borders-a-gimmick-not-a-solution/

7. #247 TheMysticalOne, Nov 17, 2015
    It is true that wages are going to drop But that only happens cuz immigrants get exploited. Besides, immigrants take up jobs that natives would, most of the time, refuse.

i dont see how closing the borders would create millions of jobs.

8. Economics is about choices based of scarcity, not about "making things cheaper" or "creating more stuff".
    "Making things cheaper" would more likely fall under accounting and finance, and "creating more stuff" would be better suited for operations management or an engineering discipline.
    If you want to make things cheaper, reducing labor costs would reduce the prices of goods. this is because workers, you and I, are an expense to companies that hire us. So by reducing labor costs, you are making yourself cheaper as a worker because of increased quantity supplied of workers.
    Precious metal based money the same thing as fiat money, but with precious metals.

9. Btw america and other "developed" countries have created the situations immigrants are trying to escape from.

10. Closing the borders will create 0 jobs. Except for border workers.
    The idea that there are only jobs that immigrants can do is a lie promoted by big business.
    Illegial immigrants and temporary visa workers get exploited because they would not have the job otherwise. Business treats labor as an accounting issue, not a human issue.
    For example, in the US treeplanting used to be a unionized job that paid decent wages and had to adhere to safety regulations.
    Now they do not because illegal immigrants are willing to work for $2 an hour in concentration camp conditions.
    Same with meatpacking jobs. Meatpacking is now as bad as when The Jungle was written. The jungle was written 100 years ago.

That is true. But that does not stop them from often being pawns for big business for money.

11. #251 TheMysticalOne, Nov 17, 2015
    I agree with your post to be honest. But the whole issue here is they have no choice. They gotta survive.
    But WE as citizens could make a difference. (Raise awarness, stop supporting companies that use illegal workers, etc).
    Yes, we all have to make sacrifices but i am more than happy to, if it means thousands of people will be able to live in human conditions.
    If you are middle-class and refuse to give even 1$ then you 're a piece of shit imo. (I am not referring to you)

12. I think that foreign aid can do a lot of good for Mexico(and other places), and probably should have been introduced at the onset of NAFTA.
    Not buying from meatpackers who abuse foreign workers would help tremendously. Such as Tyson / IBP.

13. #253 killset, Nov 17, 2015
    immigrants are humans. Who said don't treat them like humans? I didn't. Just because they're human doesn't mean illegal alien isn't still illegal and is still a criminal. I can't help that you all are reading more into what I'm saying then I'm actually saying. Everyone deserves to be treated like a human. I'm all for treating illegal aliens like humans as they're being shipped back to wherever they came from. Once again immigrate legally or your a criminal. Its the truth, nothing I said is false. Just because I choose to live in reality instead of believing an illegal alien is legal. Lol no wonder our country is falling apart. Nobody can even read the words in front of them without twisting it to mean more then what's being said.

14. Actually we created conditions that attract immigrants. If they were escaping from something they would be refugees.

15. Well, for a start - they're just human beings doing what human beings evolved to do - travel, and look for greener pastures.

No amount of guns, fences, tanks, helicopters, handcuffs.. will stop human beings from desiring a better life.

For what is worth, if you were to look at the problem from a libertarian, free-market perspective - illegal immigrants are actually good for the economy, since they're willing to work harder and provide goods and services at lower costs.

Then again, it seems like this is an issue that is sensitive to all sides of the political spectrum.

16. Desire all you want. I desire the legal residents of my country to be taken care of first before a criminal.

17. Make them legal. problem solved.

If that don't solve the problem, then hate them and kill them.

18. #259 Continuum, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
    I'm not convinced illegal immigration is a problem that needs solving. From what I've read, illegal immigrants generally come here to work, earn a meager wage doing mostly work that no one else wants to do, and then go home. Some parents come here to birth children because of superior care while giving birth, and it is true that those babies are citizens, but they generally go back to where they came from anyway.

I have a suspicion that this a complete non-issue. I think the economic impact is minimal at best, and these excuses are used and repeated as gospel by conservatives to play into while folks primal, irrational fear of brown people.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise, as long as the data is good.

19. Yeah I would agree to a limit. The current amount of immigrants is most likely fairly sustainable and good for our economy because they are taking blue collar jobs such as fruit picking, oyster shucking, and chicken deboning that Americans don't want to do. A lot of them do end up paying taxes as well because they are subject to sales tax, they often pay rent which goes to property tax, and many even use fake ssn numbers to pay into ss and other programs that they have no hope of ever recovering. Most likely they take more in in social services than they put in but it's probably nowhere near the levels many conservatives try to claim. That being said I believe there is a limit to how many immigrants we can take in before it starts to put a real burden on our system which is why there should definitely be decent border control.