Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Explaining bongs with chillums?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DabToker, Aug 18, 2015.

1. I need help and I couldn't find it anywhere's else, I'm looking for a new bong and the one I found is perfect. I just don't understand what the chillum is and how it works. I know I can buy it and use it but I want to know if I buy an ash catcher it will fit or if I'll have to get a new down stem as well. I'll post a link of the bong I'm looking at below.

Thank you for any help,

https://www.smoketower.ca/store/glass-bongs/eco-bo...

Not looking at anything expensive, if you have suggestions keep it under $150. I'm looking for a clas.sic looking bong

2. #2 OG_Fel, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
    It means that the downstem cant separate from the bowl, you would need to buy a 14,5mm ashcatcher with a 18,8 mm downstem, but I would strongly advise you to buy something that as already got a ash catcher but if you love this one, you will indeed need to buy a new downstem
    Why do you need a downstem?

Btw, I dont know if you used bongs before but thats more the type of bong that you would not pull the bowl, you would release the carb hole

3. Thank you for the explanation, the main reason for wanting this bong was because I have a really nice double perc bong but I want that for dabs and this one would be my weed and daily blazer bong. As for looking at the new downstem would be for adding attachments like an ash catcher. I was planning on doing snappers through this one anyways though because it has no percs that can get dirty and end up being really hard to clean.

4. Dabtoker
    Seriously if your going to dab, why don't you pick up a smaller pipe, I mean thats going to work for snappers as well and the tase of the dab will be better compared to a 18 inches rig
    :)

5. sorry about being unclear. I have a nice little 9" bong for my dabs. But it isn't that good for flower in my opinion because of the size and percs that it has. That is why I am looking at the basic 18" ball tank bong.
    I'll include a picture of my 9" beauty.

Attached Files: