Is it a sin to smoke bud?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by USMC4/20, Aug 18, 2015.

1. #61 wrinklychief, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    cheeseburger aren't good for health, cannabis has a lot of medicinal value.

2. Projecting???

3. All day.

4. It says on the 1st page of the bible in Genesis chapter 1 that God made EVERY green plant for man to use and he saw that it was good! Is it really bad for our health. New scientific studies say it has many beneficial properties and can even reverse the growth of cancer cells! The herb itself is actually one of the best herbs for your lungs (if vaped). I've read the smoke is bad but the weed actually heals whatever harm the smoke does. Magic plant indeed! As someone stated earlier, God's law also says to honor the rules of those in charge, which is bullshit and the only thing stalling this argument from it being 100% ok. But in Indiana, you can say it is part of your religious practices now.
    P.S. Jesus would anoint the ones he healed in cannabis oil. It's in the feckin' bible. It's the corrupt congressmen who make it illegal, so should we really honor corrupt politicians that don't care about us, do what Thomas Jefferson said, "If a law is unjust, man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so"

5. May have thanks for let me know.

6. Good call there man.... So the " Apple " in the garden of even might have been a blunt? :) haha

7. I believe Catholics added more books to the bible. Look in to the bible missionary church

8. i've agonized over this for so long. And I've come to the conclusion that I don't care if it's wrong or not. Weed let's me truley enjoy my existence for a change and even be content with it. if God dosent like me puffing the herb then he shouldn't have given me this broken mind I have.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I am not, nor have I ever been a religious person, nor have I had personal relationships with religious people, so I ask this question out of pure curiousity.

Is this a serious question? Are people actually concerned with if smoking is a sin?

It has honestly never crossed my mind.

10. There are no sins. You can do as you please, but people who have good morals feel good about themselves

11. Did the muthafuckin chicken defeather, then criss cross a road to get to the other side?

12. I could give a fuck less at this point, were all sinners to someone. No matter what beliefs we follow there is always some other religion or philosophy that says you are wrong and going to hell. Best thing to do is explore life and spiritualaity for yourself. Instead of being led by the dictates of others.

13. As a diehard catholic (Mass every Sunday/holy days of obligation, as well as living my life striving for the virtues of faith, hope, and charity doing the Lords will), I think the answer to the question, 'is smoking pot a sin?' Is an elusive one.
    Consider legality. If its illegal to possess and you knowingly disregard the law, it is a sin. But, Its neccesity (legitimate medical use) could affect whether said sin is venial or mortal.
    Also the use of alcohol in the bible shows us how God views intoxicant use (I.e., when Noah found land after the flood he planted a vineyard, made wine, and became drunk, and apparently he got naked and passed out in his tent. His son came in and looked upon his fathers nakedness and was punished with a 'mark'). Noah wasn't punished for his drunkenness which would seem to mean that his sons sin was greater (obviously).
    The bible never bans the use of intoxicants (at least, in moderation. I.e., Psalms 104: 14-15 'You cause the grass to grow for the livestock and plants for man to cultivate, that he may bring forth food from the earth and wine to gladden the heart of man, oil to make his face shine and bread to strengthen mans heart.'
    Personally, I think how bad the sin is depends on both (real, lol) medical need and the use of moderation. Basically, if you sit around doing nothing all day but getting baked and you're not seriously ill, you should go in and recieve the sacrament of reconcilliation. If only to be safe.

Sorry for rambling. Lol

AMDG

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Im sorry but you are mis informed. It was Martin Luther in the 1520'S who removed seven books from the old testament. The cannon of the bible was agreed upon in the 400's and went unchanged until Luther was excommunicated (against his will, btw) at the beginning of the protestant reformation. Here's an extra bombshell for you (not trying to be mean). The kjv bible was translated (poorly) from the latin vulgate texts, specifically for the church of england (anglicans, episcipalian in the u.s.) in the 1600's

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #76 caseyJ, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    I am a Christian and I smoke marijuana. Honestly, I don't think God has any problem with that, so long as I am responsible. Allow me to explain...

Genesis 1:29 says, "Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

So the Lord gives man all seed bearing plants, and marijuana is a seed bearing plant, therefore the Lord gives man marijuana. Just follow the logic.

Now that being said, I don't think God intends the recipient of God's gifts (seed bearing plants) to use His gifts in any way that would violate His other laws or hurt other people. For example, just because God gives us poisonous plants like Foxglove, that does not mean that we should get rid of our obnoxious neighbor by offering him a nice cup of "Foxglove tea".

Considering that, it is important when deciding who you should share your weed with or not. Everyone experiences the effects of marijuana differently. You wouldn't want to share with someone who is irresponsible.

As for the passage in Romans 13:1-2. ."Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.

Governments have passed laws that basically say it is Illegal to have anything to do with marijuana.

God's says, "I give you every seed bearing plant". while the government says you may NOT use this plant.

Which has the higher authority? It is obvious that God has authority over human governance. The prohibition against marijuana is an unjust law, and should be scrapped.

Marijuana has been used for thousands of years for medicinal purposes. I would be willing to bet that New Testament Christians used marijuana as medicine. The human body has been designed with canabinoid receptors for that very purpose. Plus, marijuana has other non-medicinal uses such as nutrition, fuel, and other industrial applications. It is just an amazing plant and a gift from God.

Human governments have illegitimately stripped humans of their privilege of using marijuana.

• Like Like x 3
  16. I don't really believe in anything but I would have to believe if he made it, he'd be okay with it..... Unless he testing us

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. There is a section in the new testament that says do not revel in intoxication of any sort. I tore that page out of the bible and rolled a joint with it. God still loves me.

18. I know there are lot of people who arent religious, so you can take this with a pinch of salt.

God wouldnt permit you to harm your lungs with carcinogens and tar. Eating a decarboxylated form of cannabis would be the lesser of two evils. I believe cannabis was put on the earth for us to eat raw or to only extract non toxic cannabinoids, so we can get the cannabinoids in a non toxic form, of course there isnt much research on THCa and CBDa but I suppose they have some effects and CBD has been proven to help with epilepsy. Weed does naturally become decarboxylated if you leave it overtime, but probably not enough to get you high if you eat it fresh. There are good and bad things to everything. We make guns with metal and use them wrongly, but we also use metal to make useful things like bikes and so on. God gave us free will to use things the right or wrong way.

19. If you stick to the christian mythos I don't think satan/the devil has the power of creation which means that god would have had to be the one to create Cannabis. If god created it and told us that the plants and animals where here to feed,clothe us then he/she must have planned for us to use it. Which means that Cannabis use would not be a sin.