Is it a sin to smoke bud?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by USMC4/20, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

2. It's not a sin.

3. Hater

4. there was no hate in my post.

As a born baptized nd confirmed Catholic who took all the classes I assure you this is infact the core belief of Christianity

All humans are sinners because sin is human nature. It is 100% impossible for any human to be without sin.

All sinners go to hell. Period.

Jesus died for our sins so we wouldn't have to he punished. All we have to do is accept Jesus and ask forgiveness for the sinful human nature we were born (cursed) with and we get into heaven.

That is literally their belief. Fucked up....

-Yuri

5. #45 Zebra, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015

I named my bowl after this guy. XD

6. I love you too

Lets play minecraft!

-Yuri

7. <3

8. Weed Existed Before Religion so..

9. Murder existed before religion as well so....

-Yuri

10. Nobody's answering my question here haha is it a sin, or no?!?!?

11. As far as the way most religions are framed...such as pleasurable things being sins, I'd have to say yes.....

makes me glad I'm an atheist....[​IMG]

12. How can anyone possibly answer this question in a definitive nature?

The answer is speculative/subjective, at best...

Smoke on, I say... [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. #53 Zebra, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
    Yes, as if someone will appear like "Behold, I am a priest and I will explain the evil of your ways... And then cleanse you of them!"

14. Honestly, I LOVE the way you think!!!! Haha you are a wise person, that's for damn sure.

15. No idea about this. But smoking isn't good for health.

16. It says in Genesis God gives man every seed bearing plant of the earth ...

17. I talked to jesus last night for the 1st time ever and ya know what he told me.. he said its only a sin if you be smokin that poop weed.. He said "thou must smoke thy funk! , That crystal laden 2 hitter quitter kinda nugs"

jesus is a real cool guy. maybe one day he will hollar at one of yall and let ya know whats up..

What I learned is he hates weed with seeds and mexican compressed reggie poop weed.

He then told me his favorite strain is a cross of blue dream and green crack.. He called it green dream and said it's the funk!

18. Hello, I'm a christian, I go to a baptist church. I am married to a baptist minister's daughter. We smoke weed together. My father in law doesn't know that we smoke and we don't tell him because he will judge us. But he knows that we both believe that it's not a sin to use cannabis. There are far more dangerous stuff that the bible doesn't condemn when used responsibly. Jesus drank wine not only in a ceremonial way, but in a recreational/celebratory way at a wedding in the bible. Also in proverbs what is condemned about alcohol is the bad behavior caused by too much alcohol. I think it's a sin to ABUSE any substance to a point that will cause you to act different. It's not a sin to be a responsible smoker or drinker. I think the cannabis plant is a gift from God with all its benefits. Sorry if my English isn't so good. Greetings from Chile.

• Like Like x 1
  19. What if you suck dick and smoke weed, holy shit dude the eyes of hell are upon you.

20. The other argument is that because it's illegal, it's a sin to use cannabis. I know that in some countries it's illegal to preach about the bible. Breaking the law today is not the same as it was in biblical times. Today's laws are based on mostly on monetary interests which I see no point in following if it's not based on what God wants from me.