Is it a sin to smoke bud?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by USMC4/20, Aug 18, 2015.

1. I'm just wondering here, does the bible have any passages about smoking bud??

If you're curious as to my beliefs, i am Christian, I'm Catholic.

I believe God made the weed plant for us to use, so I don't really believe smoking is a din.

What do you guys think?

2. yeah but are you an 0311

3. #3 Storm Crow, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
    You may find these articles from the "Religion" section of "Granny Storm Crow's List" to be interesting and informative.

ON INDICATIONS OF THE HACHISH-VICE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT (1903) http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/history/h...

Kaneh Bosm: Cannabis in the Old Testament (article – 1997) http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1090.html

The Great Keneh Bosem Debate - Part 1
    (article – 2009) http://www.cannabisculture.com/node/20688

Part 2 of the Great Keneh Bosem Debate: (article – 2009) http://www.cannabisculture.com/blogs/2009/11/23/Pa...

I think smoking cannabis would fall into the same sort of category as eating. Eating and enjoying your food is perfectly fine. [​IMG] Gluttony is not!

And to get you free copy of the NEW "Granny Storm Crow's List", you can PM me your email address, or just email me at stormcrow(at symbol)greenpassion.org . I'll send it back to you in two emails (at 2,420 pages it takes 2 emails!)

Granny

4. What? Haha

5. Romans 13 says follow the law of the land because the leaders were put in power by god and weed is federally illegal in the US...

Also the bible says to be sober

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Oni~, Aug 18, 2015

The story of Adam and Eve is very much about "smoking bud".

Genessis 3:22 - And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever:

The literal story is of course using an Apple, which is what you see usually depicted in biblical paintings, however the premise is the same. Do not let man partake of a plant, or he will become like god.

[​IMG]

7. And what if it IS a sin? Are you going to stop smoking?

8. Romans is pretty clear about obeying the laws of the land.

If it were legal I see no issue. Other Christians may disagree citing:
    1) your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit
    2) compare it to drinking

Those points are easily dismissed as:
    1) the "your body is a temple" thing is strictly speaking to sexual sin. Otherwise you couldn't do anything that harmed your body. McDonald's, mountain climbing, Tylenol, you name it, it's bad.

2) the issue with alcohol is the loss of inhibitions, which doesn't happen (typically) with pot.

9. FUCK NO....

10. Yeah. Probably haha

11. #11 kwaggs, Aug 18, 2015
    I thought you might be a Jar Head with a name like that.
    And The Corps exist to support the 0311's

12. Not heard much about it in Christian scripture but to Islam anything like smoking, drinking, highly processed foods is haram.

13. God demands you remain sober. Why enjoy this life when you want to prove you're worthy of the next

14. the whole point of adam and eve is not dont use plants haha

15. #16 White Indian, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
    "I'm a Christian." "Yeah? What do you make of The Bible condemning intoxicants?" "Oh, it's not talking about weed. Look, the Bible says 'herb' right here. Case closed. God wants us to smoke weed. Now I don't have to inconvenience my life any." Christian stoner logic.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I'm not sure what you mean. One point at least, the obvious surface one, is precisely "don't take in this one plant" because XYZ will happen. It's all over Genesis.

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

An apple is used in the story but in real life apples don't give anyone particular wisdom or make them godlike. Other plants on the other hand have far greater and varying effects on their consumers. From weed to other things I won't mention on here, no one is certain how deep the plant rabbit hole goes. Terence McKenna had dozens of hours of talks about this.

Getting kicked out of the garden for eating a majorly mind altering substance makes more sense than a mere apple. Especially when the book makes reference of man becoming majorly altered by the experience.
    This is of course completely dependent on how much sense or belief one has invested in the story to begin with.

17. The bible doesn't actually say the fruit was an apple...

18. Good call.

That fits into what I am saying. They got kicked out for partaking of some sort of plant.

Maybe I'm tying too many things together, but when I hear "Is it sinful to smoke weed" , it makes me think of the eviction from Eden for partaking in a plant.

19. so ur christian and catholic
    This picture was found engraved in 2015 year old rock ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439945304.365975.jpg