Newbie needs help with 1st grow and what forum would be best for situation.

Discussion in 'General' started by iwCaptainPrice, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Hi, I'm new to the site and need some help. I have researched on and off on marijuana and cultivation for about two years now and have recently decided to jump in as a hobby. Now a few years back I purchased some seeds from Herbies where I bought some feminised Skunk #1 and got some free seeds tossed in. I was looking at what would be easiest for first time grows but at the same time I wanted some potency, which I know how the plant is brought up will affect THC levels but my main strain I picked up was Royal Queens Power Flower feminised and auto. She has germinated and has sprouted and is 10 days old. I have her in a red cup you see at stereotypical college parties while I wait for my Gorilla tent and nutrients I ordered. I believe she will be alright for a little bit but that's is why I am here, to ask you guys. I will admit I kinda just jumped in without buying everything I need because I wasn't even thinking the seed would germinate but it did and now I am here making an extensive post. Thank you all assisting and passing on knowledge and personal experience.

2. #2 Ẅest Čoast, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
    So what exactly is your question? Will the plant be OK in the party cup until your tent arrives? Sure, it'll be just fine for another week or so.

By the way, we have a cultivating section. If you're on a phone app, you won't see the section. So here is a link
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/

3. well my main question that I forgot was lighting. I scrounged around and picked up a pack of CFL's 23 W, 1600 Lumens, how many should I use? or should I just suck it up and invest in a better light?

thanks for the forum tip

4. How many plants will you be growing?

5. #5 iwCaptainPrice, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
    Just one for now more or less as a trial and error. The most I ever really see myself taking care of is 4. I've looked so many places online and there are so many opinions on how people should and shouldn't grow that it's kind of confusing because one says yes and others say no, then more or less personal preference blah blah blah.