Oregon legal reacreational northern lights grow first timer.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PNWClosetGrower, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Day 60 comes to a close and all the problem i thought i had turned out to be pretty minor. Yay! Got some stakes on the way, might get heavy. Should be here thursday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fattening up a lot. Wish mine were so fat.

3. Good morning flower day 29. Issues in the box today are pretty simple i guess, the bag seed is a week or two behind the northern lights, they seem to have stopped stretching, she hasn't and is now the tallest plant in the box and gaining. The buds are clearly starting to fatten now and i'm seeing a yellowing on the bottom leaves, this is something i expected but not one month into flower. Thinking it might be just because i flushed them out real good to get rid of some nitro tox. not sure what i should do here because i was planning to switch to flower nutes for a couple weeks before final flush and now i'm not sure i should. These are supposed to be 8 week flowers but i've read it can be as little as 45 days or as much as 3 months depending on various factors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. First things first the ladies look nice man. As far as feeding goes I have always fed flowering nutes as well as small doses of N till the 4th or 5th week to hold of early yellowing and never had a problem. I may be wrong and if so someone correct me I'm still pretty new to this.

5. Man you got a while to go. Most those hairs are gonna die and retract making buds swell up then ya start looking at trichomes. You will not be dissapointed with your harvest though. Those are magazine worthy buds coli. You have a gift at this for sure, good job brutha man!!

6. #346 PNWClosetGrower, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
    Day 62, day 30 of flower. Thanks cap. I keep getting my days mixed up, pretty sure this is right. Fed them their first dose of flower nutes. 2t big bloom, 2tiger bloom, 1/2t calmag-plus and 1t unsulfured molasses per gallon(4 gallons) ph'd to 6.5, 800 ppm. Run offs were between 697 and 840. Removed a few dead leaves, mostly they all look real healthy. Not much else to say except i might be mistaken but i think they are not stretching much now and about the only thing growing is the buds. Starting to look fat and frosty. I keep doing a double take at these pics i just took wondering how the hell i grew that! One of the biggest is almost as long as my forearm and fist, it's going to be real nice if it gets much fatter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. As day 62 comes to a close i take my usual pics at lights out and holy crap i finally got a series of good bud shots instead of 5 out of 25.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Week 4 is looking good! They may grow a bit yet, but they are about to start fattening up from here on out. I can't believe this is the first time you have put some bloom juice on them! I do my first week of flower as a transition and then move to a full bloom regimen and very little nitrogen in week 2 and ending it in week 6 because, flush starts in week 7, or there abouts... for an 8 week anyway. I'm surprised you haven't had some sort of potassium or phosphorus deficiency...

9. I have been giving them a transitional nute mix the last month or so. They do look like they were getting a def though but i just assumed it was from all the flushing i've been doing. Hopefully this dose of nutes will keep em going //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/stonedsmilie.gif. I wish i was a better photographer, i can't seem to do them justice with the camera. The box is starting to smell awesome too, it started out getting a dank musty odor like a bunch of weed sitting in an old dirty gym locker and now it's the same but with a lot less locker and a lot more weed lol. Considering blue dream and strawberry kush for my next run. Any suggestions? I'll only be doing 4 and i'm looking for good smoke that's at least decent yielding and in the easy to moderate growing ability range.

10. I like to smoke blue dream if that's any consolation... ;) I would try and shorten the transition mix next time.

11. Seeing how yours are turning out, then looking at my probably-dead lumps of rockwool, I think I may have to switch to soil. Your girls look amazing.

12. #352 PNWClosetGrower, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
    I'm really looking forward to the next run, there will be new problems but hopefully old mistakes won't be made again at least with any luck it will be even better on the next run.

13. Day 63 Ends uneventful, yellow is really starting to show and frost is definitely coming in. Still gnats in there, it's under control but most of the time when i open it i see one or two. I suspect they're getting through the coco croutons i lined the bottom with, next time i will use them they're great but i will also put a layer of sand in the pot above the coco croutons. Janice seems to be yellowing fast, i hope she's ok! Thanks for looking guys. //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/stonedsmilie.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Have you looked into mosquito dunks? They are working leaps an bounds for me right now, plants are starting to fatten up nice

15. #355 PNWClosetGrower, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
    Yeah, they're working but it seems like there's almost always 1 gnat in the box, it's so annoying. i used 1/4 dunk broken up in the top of each pots soil, couple inches of perlite in the top of the pots and i watered with water that had dunk pieces in it for a couple days. The numbers are way way down.

16. Yea I did about the same it wasn't a few days after you posted your gnat problem I started having some of my own. I was able to run out an get some dunks had to go threw eBay for some sticky cards(be here this week)but already numbers are way down but yes still so annoying. I been at war checking every leaf haha.

17. Day 64, watered and got some more shots. The runoff ppm's were all around the 130 mark, plants need more food next time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. It makes me sad pulling this out of my box, i pull handfulls like this out two or three times a week now. hoping it's normal at this stage of the game. Barely more than 3 weeks to go!
    [​IMG]

19. As long as it's not on the top half of the plant you're good. The really old leaves at the bottom will do this around now. I can't wait to see those buds in three weeks! What will that put them at? What I've found is to add at least another week to whatever the breeder says is the flower time.

20. 3 and a half more weeks will put them at 8 weeks. I was expecting this just not this early, thought it started after the final flush.