FiveToMidnights FIRST GROW-Coco/Perlite-Northern Lights-MarsHydro 300W LED-2015

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FiveToMidnight, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Your right should be around 1.3 ec. .nice work.what type of ppm meter do you have.

2. Just a simple one I got from ebay. No brand on it. Works well though, does PPM, EC and Temperature

3. Thanks mate, I actually read through your method earlier as I was directed to it by another user here. I ended up just switching to the Flora 3-part which fixed some of my problems.

I've now added some silica to the mix so I'm hoping that should make a bit of difference.

Really appreocate your advice! :)

4. Hey midnight . I think silica is used best as a foliar spray .Thats what I've found ! How's the girls doing.?

5. I've heard people use it as a foliar spray too, I thought it might be safer to just add it to the feed for now though.
    Although I have started using a epsom salt foliar spray, should I maybe add some Silica to it?

6. I'm not sure How they mix. ! I use Dutch Master "Saturator" for foliar sprays . Best wetting agent I've tried. The silica is usually high in PH . Which is ok for foliar . Just check when adding to feeds.I think if your plants are healthy , and not having fluctuations in ec and ph or under attack. I think you could do with out it. I've backed right off .

7. Yes the Silica is very high in Ph, puts it up to around 9.0. I make sure it is at normal levels when feeding though.
    I think my plants are far from healthy. They have very high ec in runoff and I can't work out why. Every time I feed the runoff comes out around 1000ppm and unless I ues plain water or put 6L of nutes through them it doesnt come down.

8. Here are some pics I took on Saturday

Number 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Number 3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. And here is some follow up data to sum up where we are at this moment in time.

Room Temp: Sits between 26-37 celsius depending on the outside temperature. Coming in to summer the weather gets pretty hot here and likes to sit around 30, making the box around 32.

RH: Sits about 65% most of the time and doesn't move much at all.Lighting:

LED is sitting approx 9" from the light. I did have them at 11" at the start of bloom but found they kept stretching towards the light until they were around 9". Made me think this is where they wanted to be.

Ventilation: Running 1 X 4" Duct fan through a carbon filter as well as 2 X 10cm desk fans. All run 24/7. Plants seem to move around and I can feel air in every corner of the box.

Feed: Using Mid Bloom ratio feed, however I have had to reduce it to 48% of the advertised mix to keep the PPM to 620. PH sits around 6.0 but have been actively trying to make it swing from 6.3 to 5.7 and back up again over the course of a week.
    Exact mix per Liter is:
    Silica - 0.50ml
    Cal/Mag - 1.5ml
    Micro - 0.49ml
    Gro - 0.12ml
    Bloom - 0.73ml
    I am also foliar spraying with 1/2 tsp Epsom Salt per Liter RO water every night just a couple of minutes before lights out.(All mixes use RO WATER ONLY) I have been feeding once a day for the past week since transplanting but was going to let it go to once every other day as per previous advice. Last feed was Saturday and will feed again today. This will be about 48 hours between feeds
    Runoff if fed once a day measures higher and higher each day no matter what I put in. So I'm leaving it to dry a bit more to see if this helps that issue. PH swings a bit but sits around what I put in. Doesn't go above or below 5.7-6.3 though.
    I transplanted from 1.3L pots to 3L pots on the weekend and flushed at the same time. Since then they have only been fed nutrients and no plain water.

10. How often you feeding now ?If it high make you feed nutes lower.and see how you go. You will find that they will still grow very well with lower nutes. It maybe that they aren't taking up a lot of the nutes. My Bubblicious is like that, while the others drink it up. Flush once a week until water is almost void of nutes. Then start lower and build up. See how they go .

11. In bloom. Try and keep ph stable at. 5.9-6.1.if feeding cal-mag at 1.5 ml . You shouldn't need to add Epsom salts . To many variables with Epsom salts . Do they look deficient?

12. Oh just seen pics. Heat and nute burn . Try and keep nutes around 1.6 ec for a while. Any leaves that that are shading take off. Open those girls up . Don't be scared too. As I said flush and start off slow again. Keep the cal-mag up too them and stop Epsom salts.

13. Im feeding once evey 48 hours at the moment.
    I was feeding a lower ppm but didnt seem to make much of a difference.

I didn't think I would either but due to them looking like they have mag def I thought it was needed.

I meausre in PPM, sorry I'm not sure what 1.6ec would be in ppm.
    I've been removing the large dead leaves and all buds are exposed to light.
    I'm going to move the light up. I'm thinking 10" might be too low. Manufacturer advises 12"-18" in flower so I will move the light to 15" and see how it goes.
    I've also stopped the foliar spray as of last night due to others saying the same thing.

14. 1.6 = about 800 ppm.light up and lower nutes. Keep up the cal-mag 1-1.5 . Have you checked ph if run off water.

15. Nutes are at 600ppm at the moment.
    Putting the light up tonight as soon as I can get to it.
    And yes ph in run off sits around 6.0

16. It's been a while since I've done an update, apologies for that. Been a little preoccupied with things.

Since my last update I was advised to switch to a 1-1-1 ratio of nutes to attempt to fix the imbalances I had, which I did. This seemed to show signs of improvement and I was then advised to switch to a 3-2-1 ratio B-M-G and have done that for 2 feeds so far.
    We are now in week 7 and #1 is looking like it is close to harvest. I have a 100x Microscope to check the trichromes and they are still clear but thinking I should switch to plain RO water soon.
    I have noticed some purple colouring on some of the leaves though, not sure if that's normal. People say leaf discolouration towards the end of bloom is normal so I'm not sure. It's only showing on #1 though.

#3 is lagging a bit behind. It looks like it still has another few weeks to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Hey Midnight. I don't know if it is the light , poor genetics or the health issues , but those buds are way under developed . By week 7 , you be struggling to put your hand around them , especially Northern Lights .!! I would keep feeding them until all Trichs are cloudy and some Amber , then flush.try and pump them up as much as possible .

18. I'd say it would be the health issues, we had lots of problems throughout.
    Shouldn't flush start sooner than when they turn amber?

19. Usually I start when they are all cloudy. Just thinking maybe to push them as far as they will go. They may suffer even more once only getting plain water. Maybe best to start lowering nutes gradually. . All learning process