FiveToMidnights FIRST GROW-Coco/Perlite-Northern Lights-MarsHydro 300W LED-2015

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FiveToMidnight, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Sweet , they look a lot happier . 6 days seems along time in between watering. Are they getting warmth ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. sorry now I see temp. Is that the temp under light?

3. Yeah they look much better.
    The normal temp is around 26 celsius. the temp you see in the pic is after the dome was taken off and the doors of the box were open.

4. Ok. Well temp is good. How did the roots look when transplanted (.many)?just had a chuckle to myself. Ha ha . Here's me,now stressing over your plants.

5. #65 FiveToMidnight, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015

They looked good, quite a good root ball and there were many trying to push through the peat pots.

Lol I love that other people care so much!
    Oh and number two died. Didn't grow any roots at all

6. Here are some pics from today. We are currently at day 40 but due to the stunted growth from all the problems I first encountered they only look half that age, if that.

They are being fed once every 6 days at this point as they stay quite moist up until around that time and they are being fed the Lucas Formula.
    They are sitting under four CFL's that I mounted to a piece of timber and hung from the top of the box. The LED wont be used until later as they seem to like the CFL's a lot better at this point.

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Some pics from today.
    They have now been under the LED for the past week which seems to be going well but due to the extra heat from both the LED and the weather we have been having lately, they dry out within 24 hours now. So feeding is now daily.
    I have come across a small issue of yellowing on some lower leaves which I believe is an N deficiency. Since using 25% more GH Micro in my Lucas mix the yellowing appears to be going away. We shall see in time though.
    Let me know any thoughts you have!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Looking very nice. How they have grown up.lol..They need potting , then they won't be as deficient and dry out as quick . What size you ending up in?

9. Thanks mate.
    I hadn't thought of that yet as I was waiting to see more roots sticking out the bottom of the pot. I will look to do that during the week maybe.
    I'm not sure what size it will be. Depends how much of the space I can use

10. Yeah ok. Thought the roots would have been busting out at that size. Have you checked the roots? They look great anyway.

11. Are you going to top them.

12. Not this round. Just going to lst a little and see if I can get a successful havest. Next round I will try topping I think

13. Over the past week I have flushed them with FloraKleen mix and changed the nutes to the 3-Part Flora mix instead of the Lucas Formula. I am now giving them 4/5/1 Micro/Gro/Bloom with 1ml Cal/Mag and have transplanted in to larger 1.5L pots.

They still have some yellowing but I believe it is a mix of N deficiency and Calcium deficiency, both of which should now be fixed with the new nute formula.

Here are some pics, let me know what you think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Should be ok now . Pump that cal- mag into them.

15. I was just gifted a few fem Nothern Lights. Will soak today

16. Thanks mate, will do

Sounds good. You should get a lot better results than I have so far

17. Topped with a little LST

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now sitting about 16" under the light. Anyone got any thoughts on the height? Can they get closer to the light at this stage? Its hard to tell what they want in this space

[​IMG]

18. Looking good . Midnight. I'd probably bend those two top shoots over aswell . Just pinch them where you want to bend and gently bend over until horizontal. That photo must be deceiving . Looks a lot further away than 16"? The Nothern lights I just received , has apparently stop a few people in there tracks after smoking it.

19. do you mean the top two branches on both plants?

It is deceiving but I measured it at 16". The box is only 1200cm high but looks a lot bigger

Yeah I heard NL can be pretty chronic. I got some in Amsterdam last time and was pretty good

20. Yeah the top ones left, after you topped it. The more colas of the same heights the better.you should be able to get it closer if it isn't putting of much heat. Usually if the light intensity is too strong, they will start to twist there leaves. You will soon see if it is to close .