POLLINATING ONE BRANCH OUTDOORS? techniques, please....

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by kelleygreen, Aug 17, 2015.

1. hello!

We are growing some high CBD strains for the first time this year. The seed cost a fortune and I want to make my own seed for next year.

I took two CBD males inside an empty house and now have collected pollen. I want to fertilize (or should I say, pollinate) one branch each on the two outdoor female CBD plants that started budding very early; right after the solstice, in fact. But, I do not want the pollen blowing everywhere! I have seen a few suggestions online, like putting the pollen in a paper bag, putting the paper bag around the branch, then wetting the bag before removing it; but it still makes me nervous. Can anyone offer suggestions as to how I could just pollinate two branches outdoors without the pollen blowing elsewhere? Thanks so much!

2. PM me if you get no help here.

3. I was wondering the same, as well as when is it too late to pollinate. I have one in flower and the buds are big as a quarter. How long will it take to make a seed?

4. #4 FauxRoux, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    There are fine mesh screens just for that purpose. When pollinating its best to do so early in the flowering cycle. 1 must keep in mind that for seeds to ripen they must often be left well past when bud is ready for harvest, so when pollinating only 1 branch DON'T cut he whole plant.
    For pollinating a single branch use a small paint brush (very fine) and dab the calyx's on the chosen branch. Then cover with a mesh pollen bag.

http://www.carolina.com/wfp-supplies/pollination-b...