Hows my plant look

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vapourium, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Agtar what makes you think its an autoflower is there some way to tell them apart before they flower, or is it just a hunch. Also when u say they ignore 12/12 does that mean it has no effect at all on there growth rate. I know it doesnt effect when they go into flower but if an auto was put under 12/12 (thinking it was photoperiod) would it be smaller and produce less bud than if it was under 18/6. And cheers for the heads up on the Lst.

2. I think they keep autos on 18/6 for the duration. But if it's with photos the photos will need 12/12.

3. Autos ignore the 12-12 that makes regulars go into flower.
    IF it is an Auto, put it under 18/6 or even 20/4 for the max yield.

And yes, it is a hunch.. So keep doing your same lighting cycle until she gets bigger or starts showing that it is indeed an auto.
    2 more weeks of this and you'll have the certainty

4. Really starting to bush out now had a few burnt leaves that got to close to the light last night ive just trimmed the burnt parts of the leaf off.

Attached Files:

5. #46 Agter, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
    Woha that's some pretty impressive branches and stem girth.
    I think it's a Indica strain, since it's quite bushy and leaves are pretty large. =)
    Keep the good love, it'll pay off!

EDIT: I really think it's an autoflower.. Keep the same lighting tho!

6. #47 vapourium, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
    Cherrs agter, yea gonna keep lights on 18/6 for few more weeks, hopefully if its auto it will have started flowering. If not il switch them to 12/12. Iam kinda hoping for an auto now as i have bag full of these seeds so if it starts flowering under 18/6 i can start a couple more seeds off and put them in same room.

7. Not much in the way of growth over the last week just more preflowers coming through so i decided to make some new light fittings out of an old patio heater i had lying around.

The main hood holds 5 cfls, 3 x 23w 2700k and 2 x 23w 6500k.
    Then ive made 3 of the single bulb reflectors which hold 23w 6500k bulbs to place around the room where needed.
    There lined with aluminium foil at the minute but i tryed all night last night and can not get it on with out creases so ive ordered some mylar sheets, hopefully they will arrive tomorrow and i can make a proper job of it.

Attached Files:

8. #49 vapourium, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
    Had to give her a little trim yesterday. What i thought was burn spots from misting with lights on was actually a tiny caterpillar that i only found through the magnifying glass and even then it was tiny. Managed to pick it off with tweasers then i trimmed some of the more badly eaten leaves and sprayed her with a homemade mix of bhut jolokia chilli and garlic infused water. Checked again today and no sign of anymore leaves been eaten yet, will keep a close eye on her for next few days. 1443986395991.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Nice man, love seeing pretty pictures :)

10. Been nearly 2 weeks since showed pistils not much more going on apart from more secondary growth. dont think its an auto so going to switch to 12/12 friday. Few more pics for you guys.

Attached Files:

11. instead of starting new seeds before you flower this take some clones because you know it's a female you can keep cloning this whole you flower that is the ideal thing to do

12. Thanks mmnewgrower i tried to clone some of the bits i trimmed off but they all died, iam just gonna let this one flower then gonna start a few more from seed when shes finished, then maybe think about keeping a mother in another cab to get clones from. 1st grow and still learning alot each day.

13. Well todays the day i was gonna switch to 12/12 but iam not sure now found these, theyve been there a few days but seem to be growing quick. Are these the start of budding or is it just the preflowers. If its start of buds then iam guessing it is an auto.

Attached Files:

14. can't see it well in the pic but i think i see a few sets of pistols. looks like it's a girl to me.

15. Yea shes had pistils showing for 2 weeks now, where the pistils come from the nodes looks like its swollen like a flower on a regular plant before it opens. Not sure if its leaves or if shes gone into flower while on 18/6.

16. look like preflowers to me

17. Heya, been busy lately!
    Looking sharp there. I'm not 100% sure if that really is a girl. But then again, I only grew 2 plants and they came out to be female.. Not sure if the males develop that part. But my guess would be on a girl =)

How did that homemade mix work out for you? I'm having some issues with caterpillars in the past 3 days.. I pick them off one by one, but they manage to return.

18. Defo female i have white hairs sproating all over now will get some close up pics tommorrow when lights come on and upload. The chilli spray seemed to work but could of been the fact that iam growing indoors so it was just the 1 stray caterpillar that found its way into the room, ive used it on veg patch for lettuces before and it kept them at bay so seems to do the trick, just watch where your spraying it stuffs like mace ha ha.

19. These were taken 2days ago will get some more tomorrow

Attached Files: