Hows my plant look

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vapourium, Aug 16, 2015.

1. notice roots coming from bottom of the 5ltr pot so transplanted to 10ltr. Day later started getting secondary growth but the top was so bushy it wasnt getting much light, so ive bent the main stem over to get more light to the secondary growth. (The top has since corrected itself). Where should i be looking for the preflowers do they come from the stipules or where the branches join at the nodes ive been looking everyday with magnifying glass but not sure if what i see is new leaf growth or preflowers and cant get a clear enough pic close up with phone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. You do it well. Cheers[​IMG]

3. #23 Agter, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
    Those are going to be secondary branches. You will be able to determine what gender it is when the flowering period starts.
    You'll have to wait a couple more weeks (maybe 3-4) to really know =)
    Do you know how to tell them apart? Male, Female, Hermie?

By the way, your plant looks way younger than 7 weeks. That is probably because she was stressed early on, but now she's catching up!
    I had a similar problem with one of my own. I placed it near my healthy one with leaves touching, and voilá!
    Also, do you have any more pots laying around? A 15L pot will give you much bigger yield.

Can you see that branch in the back? That's ONE plant. It went into flowering the same time as the front one. She was pretty hurt (near death, actually) and got stressed the hell out of. But she's in a 5L pot, while the big one is in a 15L.

• Like Like x 1
  4. One more thing.. Do Low Stress Training to distribute your light evenly. I did it when she was little and still continue doing it, when I see that 2, or more, branches are blocking another branch of light.

Here you have a simple tutorial on how to do it =)
    BE CAREFUL! Do not break any of the branches. I actually broke the main one of the stem, on the big plant, but managed to save it with proper bondage.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. cheers agtar, got a good idea of how to tell them apart but never actually seen them so cant be sure. (Hairs for female, balls for male). Just dont really know where to be looking, will they be easily noticble once it shows. She didnt do well at all for the 1st 3-4 weeks till i transplanted her to perlite/soil now she seems to be growing quite quick. Ive started Lst'ing and will continue as it grows, i plan to get the main stem to the edge of the pot then follow the pot around like in the diagram. I dnt have any other pots here but could easily go and get some. I do have a huge thing lying around but it wont fit in the small cupboard its in at the minute. Ive also got 4 more bulbs to add but looking for some bendy desk lamps to put them in so i can manuvere the lights around to were needed.

6. Yes, it is easily showable =)
    Do you have more seeds? It would be a shame if that one turned out male..
    Also, do you have a yard? And good weather? I would advise you to outdoor =D

7. Yes i have plenty of seeds, iam in uk so weather getting colder now and days getting shorter, i was away most of the spring and early summer so didnt get chance to put any ouside, I planted 2 to begin with but the other one had a light dropped on it and snapped it clean in half. Will be growing a few outside next year aswell as a couple indoors. Could i germinate a couple more seeds now and put them in with this one. I got space for maybe 2 more 10ltr pots in the cupboard.

8. UK weather is great for growing some good green.
    Wow that's unfortunate.. I had a similar situation, where I had to leave the plants outside for a couple of days (in pots tho). My dog chewed off 80% of one's roots LOL. I thought it was dead, but kept watering and feeding, hoping for the best.. Then it started turning green and growing again.
    Sorry, went a little offtopic.
    Well, I would suggest you to fill every pot you can find. The thing is: do you have more lights?
    At least you'll get lots of experience from it =)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lol think my dog would of ate the lot, completly ransacked my veg patch few years back ate full chilli plants the lot. ( learnt my lesson and fenced it all off now). i have 8 23w cfls currently setup. And have another 6 but need to get fittings for them. I only have a space of 2ft x 2ft x 4ft to grow in indoors, which is why im limited till i build a bigger space or wait for next year and grow outdoors. Yea iam learning something new everyday.

10. Darn dogs.. Didn't know if I had to lecture him or not haha.
    That space is good enough for 1 plant. With 8 bulbs you'll get a sweet yield. with 14.. Well, some would say overkill, but you can try and adjust them to hit certain spots that the others can't.
    Also, there is a rule that 1 watt = 1 gram. But that is for experienced growers. With 8 bulbs, I would be expecting at least 100 grams. If you can, try and get a new pot. 15-20L =)

Happy growing! Keep me posted, I intend to go indoors in about 2-3 months =)

11. wil do il keep this thread posted as things progress, cheers for the info.

12. some good news i think. Woke up this morn and i think shes shown her sex can someone confirm this for me found these on the second from top node. Couldnt get a clear pic so had to take it through the magnifying glass.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. i think i see a female preflower in there.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ^I agree with Coliostroe! Looks like you're going to have a baby girl =D
    Congrats ^^

• Like Like x 1
  15. awesome iam over the moon, ive found 3 more sets since. I take it iam good to veg still to get some more growth on her before i switch the lights.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You can veg as long as you want until it's the height you want unless it's an auto. Wouldn't let it get more than 1/3 to 1/2 the height you want though. I flipped to 12/12 at 12-14 inches and 1 week into flower they're 22 inches. Hoping they don't go much over 3.5 feet i only have 4 good feet of grow space to work with.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cheers thats what i was hoping, i just wana lst to fill out the pot before i switch it to flower.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah man as long as you keep it healthy and on 18/6 or more light you should have all the time you need.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Coliostroe got me thinking about autos now. Is there any way to know if its an auto apart from it flowering on its own, and if i did have an auto and switched it to 12/12 would it affect it in anyway. Iam guessing that since im going to lst a little longer to fill out the pot that if it was auto it would flower before iam ready to switch to 12/12 anyway, so then obviously just keep the lights as they are.

20. Yeah, I think it is autoflower. Autoflowers ignore the 12-12 lighting cycle needed to change into flower period.
    How lucky can you be? haha gonna grab some buds early =)
    Also, don't be too strict on the LST. AF don't do well in extreme LST, as opposed to regulars.

• Like Like x 1