Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SlowMo, Aug 15, 2015.

1. I imagine the woman picked the one that looked "OK to eat"

Still tho. Wtf

-Yuri

2. In the pic below, that ain't no smiley face. It's the symbol ISIS is painting on Christians' homes, marking them for death. It's quite reminiscent of the way the Nazis marked the Jews before sending them to their deaths.

"... ISIS had marked homes and businesses owned by Christians with a red, painted ن (pronounced “noon”), the 14th letter of the Arabic alphabet and the equivalent to the Roman letter N. The ن stands for Nasara or Nazarenes, a pejorative Arabic word for Christians."

[​IMG]

After avoiding the issue ever since ISIS began its genocidal practices, driving Christians into mass exile, the Obama administration has hemmed and hawed and ignored the issue until they finally may bend to pressure and get around to considering the refugees' plight sometime next week. Unfortunately, thousands already have been slaughtered and they're currently fleeing ISIS threats throughout the region.

Our current leaders welcome Mexican felons with open arms and defend "sanctuary cities" to the hilt, but they have had no time to help provide refuge for the thousands of Christians fleeing torture and death at the Islamic sword. To make matters worse, this horrific situation was caused by American efforts (and/or lack thereof) starting with Bush's invasion and culminating in the vacuum left by the Obama withdrawal.

In response to the administration's lack of response, independent organizations have set up a makeshift underground railroad of sorts, to help hide and ferry refugees out of massacre areas and hopefully even to safety out of the region as intact families.

The blatant hypocrisy of who this administration favors to help and who it patently ignores (and under what circumstances) should not go unnoticed by the nation's citizens.

A Christian Genocide Symbolized by One Letter

'Underground railroad' transports Christian refugees fleeing ISIS into the US

3. What do you propose? Full refuge for Christians from Middle East? Good luck getting any fucking republican to vote for allowing more immigration from the Middle East. They would most likely use a vote like this to say that they were denying Obama from letting our enemy in the country or some bullshit like that. Politicians always find a way to sell their vote (dems are no different) and I can't imagine republicans going along with this after being so vocally opposed to any ME people migrating to America. Unless this is something Obama can do himself, but it seems to me like something that would involve congress although I could be wrong. Comparing the illegals to these refugees is silly though. If ISIS was on our southern border and people came up here then there would be no way of stopping it and they would receive the same treatment as illegal aliens do. The difference is that they are thousands of nautical miles away from each other and getting into America from ME is not nearly as easy and takes a lot of U.S. involvement.

I think this notion you have that a lot of liberals are open border people who welcome illegals is extremely false and a very bad strawman. Of course there may be some people like that, but there's always gonna be a subset of people who believe crazy shit in this world. Something like 25 percent of registered republicans still think Obama is from Kenya but I don't think most republicans/conservatives think that or use it as a strawman. Most people like myself believe that illegal immigration is kind of like drugs. We can pretend that we can stop it and eradicate it (send them all back), but the simple truth is that fighting it is extremely costly and hasn't had any success at stopping the problem. It is near impossible no matter how much money we invest to stop every illegal immigrant. This is why many feel that maybe some form of amnesty if they pay large fines or maybe some kind of temporary/second class citizenship where they are guaranteed something's but maybe not access to certain entitlements is a good idea.

The point is that if you think deporting 11 million people will be beneficial to the economy than you're fooling yourself and you don't fully understand how economies operate. If you deport 11 million people you may open up 11 million jobs technically probably closer to like 5-7 cause not everyone works, but you also lose 11 million consumers in the marketplace which will lead to contraction in our economy. On top of that a large percent of those jobs are in fields that are experiencing shortages of labor like picking fruit and deboning chicken. I hope you can see why someone might be for amnesty or some kind of program to keep track of them and tax them because the problem isn't going to go away no matter how much we spend on border patrol agents. Until people don't feel the need to leave their countries this problem won't stop, which is why we need a better solution than kick them all out cause that clearly is not feasible or super productive. Especially when you consider the fact that most people who are deported often come back after a short period of time. This means that money we spent to deport them was useless. Illegal immigration is not a black and white issue. There are lots of nuances to this debate that plans like Donald Trumps don't address and are ignored by conservative media.

4. If the po faced hypocritical " Christians" gave a shit about people in the middle east they should be campaigning/lobbying for an end to US intervention and meddling in the Middle east. Iraq is in chaos because of the US.

5. I don't disagree.

Another grand scale hypocrisy. The US claims that ME stability is in everyone's best interests and yet it's been US policies over the last 60 or so years that have managed to become a major contributor - perhaps THE major contributor (and progenitor?) - to the grand scale instability seen throughout the region.

Not sure why ANY religio-ethnic group - even "po faced Christians" (whatever that means) - deserve the focus of genocidal insanity.

6. #86 SmokinP, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are all guilty of of staying silent.
    They are complicit.

The po faced Christian's time would be better spent helping the 100,000 US vets homeless in the US every night.

Edit: fuck this edit thing. This has now become a health and safety issue. It is detrimental to an older users health.

Stress levels are off the wall already squinting trying to do this on a phone. I have a laptop but it has become redundant.

Please.

7. I don't propose anything in particular other than maybe not ignoring the genocide that we helped create by Bush-Obama policies while pretending to care about the oppressed.

And in regard to the illegals, I'm NOT in favor of deporting 11 million people. Trump's an idiot in that regard - and many other regards, too. Deportation of tens of millions of people isn't gonna happen, no matter who is elected. But we don't have to invite tens of millions more to stomp across the "border" by our vote-hungry political parties and their inane policies.

I'm tired of empowering politicians and their policies (or lack thereof) that are constantly sending signals that amount to an open invitation to skirt the legal immigration process, further exacerbating the burgeoning problem. No nation's door stands wide open for anyone and everyone to tramp in and out or squat as they see fit. And defending "sanctuary cities" where federal law won't enforced??? Get real!

Republicans and Democrats are both responsible for the permitting the illegal immigration fiasco. But regardless of who we want to blame, it's time to stop that particular nonsense.

8. Would you be opposed to some kind of system where an illegal could maybe gain secondary citizenship. What this is is having all the rights of the constitution, but not having access to entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid, ss, etc. They would have a to pay fines over time and prove that they have clean records with a background check/can speak English. If they do all these things then they can earn a path to a reduced form of citizenship. Their kids however if born here will be full American citizens, unless we change the constitution. I think this kind of program would assimilate illegals better into our society and would lead to increases in revenue that would have otherwise gone unpaid.

I think we do need to step up border control, but we also have to recognize people will still get through which is why I believe we need some form of path to citizenship or at the very least some new status such as reduced citizenship. If we do this then we can keep better track of illegal aliens and criminals because so many more will be registered with the gov. If we open up a reasonable path for illegals in this country it will show us who is committed to this nation and who doesn't care about our laws. I think opening a program like I described and making penalties for not being involved somewhere down the line like maybe ten years would be a good idea. In essence this would force people to join the program or be deported, to make sure that there were a lot less people living in the shadows who could get away with crimes/tax evasion easier. What do you think about a plan like this? Do you think it would send the wrong message to people? What should we do with these 11 million people if we're both on the same page, that's it's impossible to deport them all? There are definitely many flaws in my plan, but I think it would probably be beneficial to both illegals and American citizens.

9. I like your 1st paragraph except I'm up in the air over 14th amendment and how that will be tested and eventually settle out. Nevertheless, I do like the idea of a phased in citizenship based on various conditions - like, they must register and vote for Democrats only, right? [​IMG]

Kidding - but yeah, I like your ideas. I do believe that violent felons need not apply, though. We have more than enough of them here already. A realistic solution to the problem of those who are here illegally at present almost has to involve some form of "pathway to citizenship". We're not deporting 11 million people. It ain't gonna happen. Hopefully, that pathway will be one that makes the noobs have an appreciation for the nation and the ability to bond with other American ethnicities and a desire to contribute to the nation as a whole. We don't need large groups of ethno-isolated freeloaders.

But none of this will ever work if we don't make that border functionally secure. By functionally secure I merely mean that, though not perfect, the measures taken would only permit a tolerable trickle. No more stampedes. And no more rhetoric out of politicians that would encourage stampedes.

10. I think the strategy to defend the border goes beyond drones or more border patrol. What we need is an effective pathway to citizenship that way we can identify who is here legally and illegally. Eventually if we provide a good pathway to citizenship then there won't be a large undocumented population. At this point you can start dealing with the issue of illegal immigration in a practical more traditional way. Like say maybe 30 years down the line we are done to maybe only a couple hundred thousand to a million illegals living here. At this point we could make the barrier of entry for pathway a little more demanding to not encourage people to come here but also address the issue of any stragglers. It's a tough balancing act between a practical solution that addresses the fact that we can't deport everyone well not appeasing foreign people and appearing like we will give anyone a pathway to citizenship. Either way we can't keep saying things like we're gonna throw them all out or pretend that they don't exist like we currently do.

11. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TTpLS9Us4yI
    Cops are now claiming because of two incidences of ambush killings that citizens are now at war with police officers. So when cops kill innocent people it's an isolated incident and is a result of a few bad apples. However when a citizen kills a cop it is the entire citizenry declaring open war on police officers and not just a crazy fucker. Cops are such pussies nowadays. They don't realize that there job is statistically about just as safe as last year, yet police shootings are generally on the rise. If the citizens are at war with police then they are getting their asses handed to them because only about 15-20 cops are killed a year and hundreds of people die in the U.S. At the hands of police every year. Not to say that most of those weren't justified. I would however guess that at least 10-15 people a year who get shot probably didn't deserve it/could have been apprehended in a different fashion. If cops really want people to start trusting them then they should behave in a trustworthy respectable manner, not steal your money with bullshif tickets or escalate a tense situation until it turns fatal. I love how it's obamas fault too that a crazy fucking loon decided to shoot cops. I would say that's pretty laughable. Let's consider the fact that in the last year basically Eric Garner, Walter Scott, and Tamir Rice were all killed by police officers for bullshit reasons. These are the actions that created the atmosphere in which Obama needed to address the issue, although I think he did it in a stupid way. If these incidences didn't happen there wouldn't be such a strong push for criminal justice reform. I love how according to this guy people who advocate for criminal justice reform of associate with BLM are automatically scum. Police officers are so disconnected from the reality they exist in it seems.

12. The police like the Crips, Hells Angels, etc etc are a gang. If a cop goes down every cop within 50 miles is on the scene itching for revenge like a good ole gang banger....
    Like all gangs when under attack they go into siege mode. The gang mentality is at it's peak during these times.

On a brighter note coffee coffee consumption is through the roof at the moment, if you have any spare change invest in coffee.

13. #93 BluntedUp, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    Okay lets look at it on the other side, white kills black he has mental issues, why was he allowed to get the gun.

Black kills 2 whites on live television, N*igger, send them back to africa, monkey, N*gger. That was the rhetoric online Lol.

Both sides are full of shit and people on their high horse.

I love the classic "where is rev al sharpton at"? Is that all you guys think of when it comes to these situations [​IMG]

14. Can't we just go back to being sad when people get killed instead of turning everything into politics. It's a shame that even honoring people can't be apolitical anymore.

15. it isn't about being sad now. everything that happens now is either an political advantage or a racial standard.

Everything is an agenda and nothing is off limits.