Fungus gnats/flies. DWC Help a dude

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by buddlove25, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Anyone have any knowledge on how to get rid of these? I noticed one go down through the rocks and now im removing dark eggs in my newly developed white roots. I know abt foggers but after i fog i want to make sure all the larvae is dead everywhere! I mean drain cleaner and everything whatever i need. I fogged once already and notice only a few since but there definately laying eggs in my bubble buckets roots. So probably in the rockwell cube as well i jus cant see that being covered. They seem to live in the drain in our kitchen and slowly migrated down to my basement sink and then my room. Please help out with any suggestions ive done a little research but dont really want to order products online id rather go to the grow store or a menards or something if i can. Thanks guys

2. I used Azamax as a root drench and a low dose in the reservoir. It got rid of my infestation. Just watch the pH. Mine started dropping after the second day. Did a quick flush, and filled with fresh solution. Did the trick.

3. I will try that thanks for the help. Hope everything is going good for you man.

4. You can also lay out some of that yellow trap paper and catch the adults before they lay eggs. They're attracted to yellow.

5. While I have issues with the soil grown mothers (easily remedied with predatory nematodes), the gnats never seem to cause any issues with the dwc girls.. Like Brandaint said, grab some yellow glue traps.. They're very effective.. Glue traps

6. I've been using cm 90 for idk a bottle now and every time I pull any plant out of tent they fly out lol I don't get it

7. Just bought these bugs things that eat them, I'll let you know... Organic....

8. Brown bottle of hydrogen peroxide diluted with water i forgot the ratio but it helped get rid of mine along with letting my plants dry out

9. mix a spray bottle 50/50 with alcohol (90%) this will take them right out of the air and kill them.
    Then put about a inch of apple cider vinegar into a bowl and set in your room, a little diligence with the spray bottle they will be gone in a few days :)
    Hope this helps.
    _yoda

10. Thanks yall

11. Older thread but I can't believe no ones recommended "Captain Jacks" spray or a Neem Oil concentrate that gets mixed with water and sprayed on the roots and leaves. Both at around $10. The fly paper is great for live gnats but they eat and breed on roots and leaves, so by spraying you're killing off the larva as well as detouring the live ones as Neem oil is a natural all organic insect repellent/pesticide.

I have a Grow Daddy closet by Hydroponics Group that seemed a perfect breeding ground for these little guys and the by spraying with the Neem oil and hanging a couple traps I was able to eradicate these little pests for good.

Just my 2¢, Good luck!