GHG's Sunkissed Backside

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by GreenHardtGrower, Aug 15, 2015.

1. I wish I had those problems lol. I'll bring some jars and my scissors over and we'll get it taken care of haha jk

You really just need those big ass glass tea jars

2. #162 GreenHardtGrower, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    I wasn't going to trim this either, I was just going to sift it but GHGMama had other plans...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446214467.778785.jpg

I like to "lick the spoon" ~ Scissors hash from the mighty outdoor Rhino. We compared the outdoor Rhino to the indoor and I have to say it's pretty close!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446214619.607861.jpg

3. Yeah, I'll be smoking lots of folks out with the outdoor stuff through the holidays! Lol!!!

4. We're definitely graduating!!

5. Ace hardware usually stock the big half gallon ball jars for a good price.. $12.99 a case of 6 last I looked..

6. This is all that remains of the very first NL that was prematurely cut down and hung complete. Obviously I don't have great expectations, but what you can't see really, is that box has a crap ton of nugget in there hiding under the brush like little green snipers in ghillie suits. I literally took a heavy duty (1mm) thick rubber garden glove and stripped the now very dry material into this box. I ran a bit through some bubble bags, only to find that two of the bags weren't cleaned worth a crap over the summer, so they're a little gummy in places and a bunch of my resin heads stuck in places. My original intention was to sift it on some trays similar to what Bubble Man promotes, but those get expensive quick and take up too much room.
    IMG_0322.JPG

~So... Olive oil may clean the bags... alcohol will clean the bags, but will dry and ruin the material... I'm thinking alcohol and... be more careful next time. Olive oil sounds like a process.

To be continued...

7. My 160 micron hash screen was a funnel shaped sock bubble bag I chopped up to fit the 1 gallon paint can.. Being nylon it's unaffected by the Denatured alcohol I use to clean it between runs and at the end of the day.. Same one I've been using for a couple of years now..

BNW

8. #169 GreenHardtGrower, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015

Lets get high!!

9. #170 GreenHardtGrower, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
    Morning wake-up call!! ~Bongs~to~the~face~! Time to get to work in the garden...

~GHG~

10. I doubt I will use this thread for next years outdoor grow, but it's a little premature to open another thread for us PNW growers...

Anywho, I'm stoked about some Candy Cane Autos GHGMama picked up to run this year... Also got some Dark Angel, but they are photo seeds, so their going indoors. I miss this massive grow, but It was a load of work and worry toward the end with all our windstorms.

OTN: I need to get someone out here to thin my trees this year, so I can get some more sun on my plants!

IMG_1794.JPG

~GHG~

11. What was your total yield on your plants?

12. I have about 6 lbs of bud material... And a box of bud and trim I still need to dig through.

~GHG~

13. That's pretty good off of four plants correct?

14. Nope I sure don't, but they would have probably been more than 2 lb a piece if I could have kept more sun on them in the end, or had them in some sort of a green house. The trees in my back yard, got in my way as the sun started to treck back and then I had to chop them about two weeks earlier than I would have liked.

This year I'll play with some Autos out there... I've grown them indoors with great success and since they have a limited life span, I'm hoping I can arrange two harvests out of our summer/fall season, rather than growing 4 massive plants.

It's a good deal of extra work taking care of plants that big... Beginning with the fact that you can't see anything until you get up on a ladder. By the end I had to drag that ladder all over and under ropes to get in and around my plants, lol... Made spraying a lot more difficult. It was fun though! It boggles my mind how darn big those ladies were...

~GHG~

15. Yeah still a good yield. I'm starting and outdoor grow and I can't be dragging in a ladder lol I'll have to top mine, but you mention spraying.. That means densing the leaves and everything with water correct... Sorry I'm a newbie so I don't know everything!!

16. #177 GreenHardtGrower, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016

When growing outdoors in particular, you are going to need some sort of pest prevention measures... I sprayed my plants down with some organic products like neem which will take care of mites and such as well as powdery mildew (my wretched enemy), but that's not something you want to spray in flower, so I managed powdery mildew with a product called green cure which is potassium based and better for the leaves than say baking soda mixtures which are sodium based. Moths like to get in the canopy and lay eggs once flower starts and they will eat your buds and rot them at the base. If you notice in my page, you see I pulled a few leaves with eggs on them... It's difficult to catch everything, no matter how much time you spend with them and I did end up spraying two times for bud worms with a product called Bt insecticide. It's full of a bacteria known as: Bacillus thuringiensis, that produces a protein that's deadly to the wormy bastards...

BTW... the more you top your plant the more of a bush you will create. The reason those plants were so big is precisely because I topped and cloned them many, many times. They were 10 months or so old, from clone to chop...

~GHG~

17. So what have ya got planned so far TN?

~GHG~

18. Well here it is! I have done about 4-6 months of research to get me going in the right direction as I am new to all of this and will be attempting my first guerilla grow. I will be using 100% all organic soils. I will be using ffof and happy frog since ffof is a little hot out of the bag. I'll be doing a 2:1 with those soils, and adding extra perlite for drainage. I have already purchased and received my seeds(all fem) from the vault. I will only be growing 2-4 since I'm a newbie and want to start small and learn as much as I can along the way. I will probably germinate them and get them going in rock wool cubes and after there root system is good, I'll transplant them into some starting mix; after that session my last transplant will be into the final soil in 12-15 gallon pots. Yes that seems a little big lol but I already had them laying around and didn't want to spend money on smaller pots if I didn't have to. My area is available for spring/creek water. I have also looked into doing the fox farm fertilizer pack once they are up and going. Yes it says to use it every other water or what not but I just want to do it like every 4th watering just for extra boost. Since a newbie I don't know everything and I will learn from my mistakes. Well this is what I got going so far with a little added worm casting and worms in my soil!
    And my pots are actually about 25 gallon I was wrong on that

19. Where abouts are ya? Regular feminized seeds from the vault! Nice... Strains?

~GHG~