GHG's Sunkissed Backside

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by GreenHardtGrower, Aug 15, 2015.

1. I doubt you will see any on your first grow... Healthy plants in a dry climate will be fine, but sooner or later you will have to deal with it if you continue to grow. My worst fear was mites. I have brought clones home with mites before and they were relatively easy to kill off. The key is catching it before it's a problem and dealing with it in a timely manner.

2. GHG~Mama, going to town... Digging out the last of the "brush"... with the assumption that it's ripe for mold! At any rate, no real signs of PM yet, but I have seen some chewed up leaves, so I will be hitting them with Thuricide this aft...
    IMG_8829.JPG
    IMG_8828.JPG
    IMG_8830.JPG

You know, I told her to do this cuz I just have a terrible time cutting stuff off of plants!! But, you know, I'm at the door every five minutes going.. "be easy in there!!"""~ Lol...

~GHG

• Like Like x 1
  3. Damn those are some fat tree trunks! Looks like you have a beautiful property too man. Those trees look just awesome.

4. Thanks Colio! We do a lot of work and keep a very lovely, small property. I find an incredible peace in gardening these days, a far cry from my past life...

5. #BacillusThuringiensis
    Sprayed the BackYardLadies with Thuricide because I have cut leaves with eggs and have seen chew marks. Where I find chew marks, I find a chewing worm near by..., cuddling up in a leaf. That shit, is quickly and strategically removed. Speed and precision is key here!! However, the big gun arrived and it has been deployed at 2 tsp / gal as required. Directions say up to 4 tsp / gal, so we shall see, what's, what, soon enough I suppose...

6. GHG, your plants are gorgeous, I wish someday I could be able to grow some in my backyard also..
    props to you they are looking great! :D

7. and I'm surprised they've gotten so big in such a little pots, what size pots are those in!?
    hope you don't have a good gust of wind and knock them all over.

8. The top pot is a 5 gallon smart pot submerged 1"-2" into 20 or 25 gallon pots... it took 1/2 a bag of pro-mix to fill them up. Talk about maximizing the space for roots! I had no idea they would get this big... Had I known, I wouldn't have put them out so early! I want them done earlier, so I have some decisions and plans to start making for next year. Maybe I'll play more with Autos next year...

The beginning of the month also brought 20 -30 mile an hour winds and torrential rain... I kept them up with several hundred feet of rope attached to several points on the plants and running out in all directions to heavy duty metal stakes. I almost had to try and lay them down, because branches were cracking, but they weathered it and are still going!

9. I decided to pull the dressings I put on some two weeks ago after our tsunami at the beginning of the month. I was hoping to see a much better result after pulling an earlier dressing on some woody stalk, but it looks like I couldn't quite match the wood back together. I need to put something in there... glue? Sap? Tree paint or whatever? I know people put some sort of tar or whatever over cut limbs etc for trees... Maybe I could just squirt some silicone in there once it dries some...

Thoughts?

IMG_8833.JPG

10. According to this, "tree wound" paint isn't so good...
    http://www.todayshomeowner.com/treating-cut-tree-l...

However, my thought is this isn't a long term problem here. I just need a few weeks, and silicone ought to keep out the moisture/rain. It's also flexible... Or, I just let it dry some and tape the crap out of it and hope for the best as always... Seems like super glue or something would crack and re-break in another windstorm. Which, I might add will surely be coming up sooner than later, because that is my luck!

11. WIsh i knew. That is the fattest trunk i've ever seen. Like hands down maybe i'm just a noob but that's a giant to my eyes.

12. Hanging some curtains...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442705069.054411.jpg

13. lol... These are biggest fattest trunks I've ever seen either! I thought my DWC plants had fat trunks... These things are still growing...

14. How big around are they? I think I may have 1 girl that stacks up..
    :D

15. Haha! Good Q! I'm curious as well. I'll sling a tape around it here in a bit...

16. #BigBottomGirls

I thought this one was the bigger of the two Northerns, but they are both pretty close...
    IMG_8840.JPG
    IMG_8841.JPG

Each of the White Rhino trunks look identical, so I took this one just for reference.
    IMG_8842.JPG

17. #ThunderDome

Well, the cover managed to keep the rain out! Suppose to rain some more today, so I think I'll keep it up for the day and then it looks like the weather is improving for a few days. and back to crap...

IMG_8839.JPG

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442792790.086128.jpg

The ladies are strapped in for whatever comes tonight... I hope...

19. Getting windy... Ugh...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442797543.255218.jpg

20. /crosses his fingers