Basic Income Guarantee

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Malt-Liquor-Kitty, Aug 15, 2015.

1. I'm not sure the Basic Income alone constitutes as communism, though I can see it as having a few aspects resembling a communist program. In my mind this program would liken to communism more if ALL income besides the government provided would be confiscated by the government then dispersed amongst the populace.

Where as the Basic Income idea I'm trying to work out would be more of a substitute or replacement to the social welfare programs we already have in place. Instead of those several dozen programs and the limitless amount of bureaucracy that come with those programs, we would just disperse the funds to everyone in the form of actual currency.

2. and what about the citizens that do not with to be involved and do not want a portion of their hard earned money to go towards this basic income? Fuck them? If you don't like it and you resist paying there will be violent consequences? Is that what you are saying?

3. Ha, yes.^

As you probably know, but maybe others don't, the only way to achieve true equality is by the use of force.

"Equality" is a buzzword for totalitarians, utopians, and their "useful idiots." :D

4. isn't black a shade of gray?

-Yuri

5. I find it insane that there was a need to implement a minimum wage, but not a maximum.

6. There is no need for EITHER.

7. I'm more or less seeing basic income as a better way to allocate those social welfare programs funds. But if you don't pay your taxes then yes there has been and will be reprecussions. I'm not really here to debate whether taxation as it stands right now in the US is moral or legal.

I just see a lot of problems with the social welfare programs in place today through my work and the idea of a Basic Income for all has appeared, to me atleast, to have a solution to some of those problems. And it has been proposed that this program would lessen a government's control over the poorer populations as it would equally disperse those funds already being taken to everybody but with zero questions asked and only obligation in that one pays taxes. It would be somewhat like a monthly tax refund that in itself would not be taxed back to the government, lump some cash instead of stamps or small stipends.

It would appear that this would create a more independant impoverished population.

8. Sorry for double the post, the app would not let me double quote as it hates me.

I suppose you could argue this would be a step towards a form of communism, I don't see it but you could argue.

I'm seeing this as a streamlining of the social welfare programs in place already in place. Better allocating those fund already being set out for those that are impoverished. Instead of the government deciding what the poor should do with the money just give them cash letting them decide. It's more than likely that they will improve their situiation.