A few questions (molasses and flushing)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by I Wayne, Aug 14, 2015.

1. My plant is 5-6 weeks into flowering (outdoor) and I'm about to start flushing, but I'm curious if I should use molasses? I think there may be nutrient lockout within my plant because some (not a lot) of the leaves within the main cola buds are turning brown. I've never seen this happen to the slightly larger leaves within the cola buds. [I will attach a picture below, but this picture is a few weeks old...but it gets the idea across]

I see that some people use 3x gallons worth of water in comparison to their pot gallon/size when they flush. Is this done the preceding water after your last nutrient water? Or is this done a few times when flushing for 1 and half to 2 week? I've never actually heard of using that much water for flushing, as I've always just tapered off the nutrients for one week, to eventually nothing the last week.

Thanks ahead of time!

Attached Files:

2. Are you flushing for pH or to harvest?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3. Harvest. and bump...

4. I think u are talking two different things. Flushing for pH is 3 times the pot size. Flushing to get rid of ferts for harvest is just feeding with water and no nutes I thought

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

5. I had no idea! thanks.

Is there a downfall to using a bit of molasses when in week 5-6 of flowering? If I'm not mistaken, molasses is used to break down excess nutrients and bacterias within the soil? Would molasses affect the bud taste or anything? Can it be used right up until harvest day?

Thanks

6. here is what i did.

i added too many nutes during the stretch of flower. you could tell by the leaves. i'm an idiot and have them in 2 gallon smart pots. should be in at least 3 or bigger. i flushed them with 6 gallons each. the first 5 gallons was just water. did not and dont have to ph that, just run it through. the last gallon (or two) you need to ph that. but unless i didnt see it, you didnt specify if your in soil, hydro or coco. i'm in coco so i have to check runoff ph. i do that after the last gallon of flush. if its too low, then i'll use another gallon and adjust that ph to get the runoff where i want it. i havent had any problems doing that.

for molasses, i have used it for the last 6 waterings, including feeding. i add 1 teaspoon of unsulphured blackstrap molasses. at least i think that is what it is...i'm not home. i add it to just water then ph, i add it last to nutes then ph. since doing so they have seemed to love it, but i could just be imagining things. i just crossed the 3 week flower point. others have used it from day 1 till the last flushing session before harvest. some say it adds taste, some say its strictly for the carbs and stuff found in molasses. i dont know though, first time using it.

as far as types of flushing, i think flushing in general is to get rid of all the shit thats still in the medium. salt build up, excess nutes, etc...but before harvest, you dont flush. you just give straight ph water i think. i do know that you dont give any nutes for the last 2 weeks.