Anyone else ever retire a pipe this way?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by DabsOnTheMountain, Aug 13, 2015.

1. #1 DabsOnTheMountain, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
    I've done it 2x now. No cops have ever shown up to my door yet because of it, and i leave it in the most likely place someone who smokes will find it. I've left bowls on the bottom of a secluded cliff know by rock climbers, and then at a campsite along the Appalachian trail. I go back after awhile to see if it's there still, it's been gone both times. I looked for signs of someone being an asshole and smashing it, but i didn't see any broken glass.

It makes me happy as hell when i go back and it's gone. This time it's a chillum for hotknifeing, you can either torch the end and dab off it, or you can stick hash on the spoon and use a glow rod. I'm leaving some errl with it incase they have nothing besides bud whoever finds it. And just incase they have no idea whats going on at all, theres a message in the pipe on how it works..

downsize (6).jpg

Where should i put this one?

The persons gotta be a dabber, where do people who like to dab like to go to chill? I'm guessing the AT isn't gonna work, because who hikes with a torch and dabs? I'm guessing a day location is best... Maybe the cliffs again? I gotta figure this one out..

Edit..
    Left it in cliffs again, only this time a different place on a ridge only climbers would ever go to. As we were leaving, a jeep pulled in with two scraggley looking hippies in tie die T's. I doubt they wandered all the way in to the cliffs since it was almost dark, but I dont think the piece will be there a week from now the way the people who chill there are. I recognized their suspicious movements and pocket fidgeting, along with their drooped eyes and stoney, smiling expressions. They were going in to find a spot to smoke.

2. What about putting it in people's mailboxes?

3. I can see issues though if it goes in the wrong persons box... I don't want some old lady to have a heart attack because she thinks the neighborhood potheads are trying to get her. I just want some stoner to have a lucky day. It would make my week if i found an old pipe somewhere with a finders can keep note.

4. This is actually a pretty dope idea.

5. #5 DabsOnTheMountain, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
    I went to check on it, I found nothing in the little crag I left it on. Somebody found it. I searched for broken glass and there was nothing anywhere below the cliff or around the area, so someone actually kept it. I was smiling the whole way back to the car.

I guess this isn't too popular of an Idea, who wants to give away glass... It had a crack, so that's why I left it there.

6. Lol I love that your name is "Dabs On The Mountain". Makes sense reading your post. I assume you live in a rural area?

7. This is a pretty neat idea, I have loads of old dry pipes I never use! Usually just try to give em away to friends and stuff but I might try this sometime and leave one on campus somewhere...

8. thats a pretty sweet idea. if i had any i wanted to part with i would prolly go about it like that

9. Wish I thought to do that with the multiple bongs I have thrown out in my life that were still good as new.

10. When I was just starting out glassblowing I always had pipes that didn't make the cut? But we're still perfectly functional, I would give them to people I would run into on the street!

11. I wish i could leave some seedlings in areas where they could thrive and go back to find a forrest of canibas

12. maybe a little late, bUT putting anything in anybody mailbox is a bad idea, federal crime if you aren't a mail carrier, and if you include paraphernalia in with that, you may have somebody come to your door.

13. this is a cool idea! i think ill do something like this but once i have hidden my piece and a small offering to go with it, ill leave a note or clue that only a stoner would recognize. maybe even a blog address or something to leave their experiences.

that is one cool way to pay it forward!

14. Why throw bongs that were good as new away? Just lowering the number? Mine at least had a small crack.

I had a neighbor who blew up a bunch of mailboxes on the street with firecrackers a long time ago... The feds were knocking on everybodys door to speak real quick. It's scary as shit when the feds knock and you just smoked a bowl the next room over. I'll never know how they didn't realize something was up, I think they just didn't care at the moment. They probably knew, covered it up 100%, just put me on a list for later and left...

I'm going to be checking the driveway all night now...
    I forgot the whole thing for a little bit...

The paranoia is real...

But yeah, its a felony. I didn't plan on doing it. Thank you for the warning though. I don't even think I would do it to a friend, just in case someone saw me. I could leave it on the porch the same way, and not risk a felony, so I'd rather do that.

15. First one I tossed had a ton of mold in it from just being stashed under a bed. Looked like a ton of spider webs in it, but I put two and two together after I got a lung infection from smoking a bowl out of it without cleaning.

Second one, I just upgraded and had no use for that one, or any friends to give it to.

Last one, was the upgraded one, and I was moving out of my house to on campus housing, and knew I had no use for a bong. Tried giving it to a couple buddies and nobody wanted it. $125 in the trash [​IMG]