Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How is thc percent figured?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tp13610, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Nowadays we have special Thrichome readers on our phones that instantly tell us all weed need to know. KNX 1070 news radiooooooooooo!

and guesswork. probably just misprints and guesswork to make you want more

2. Honestly nothing sparklez says ever makes sense

• Like Like x 2
  3. He's fucking with you and everyone else. It's the man's specialty. Don't question it.

4. I don't believe the question you meant to ask was ever answered. The THC % is in reference to how much of that particular plants capacity to hold thca has been filled. Since different phenotypes have different total capacities it makes it difficult to compare strains using the labels. I believe this also answers the probable root of your question, why do buds with lower numbers sometimes seem far more potent? Also remember, if you see labels marked THCa and some just marked THC. The difference is that the ones with only thc numbers have done the burn conversion math for you ( THCa x .877). Hope this info helps.

5. lol this thread made me look at my old self with trollface on.

THC crystals compose roughly 15-29% of surface area on cannabis when fully mature. Determination of percent is figured by measuring the amount of crystals as compared to the rest of the plant material. So if your plant is covered in trichomes and glistening, probably high 20s%. Leafy, drier, prematurely picked buds may have significantly less THC present and the difference should be clearly visible.

• Like Like x 1