Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will losing weight(fat) affect how fast I detox?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JayDee, Aug 11, 2015.

1. #1 JayDee, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
    Hi all, I've been a heavy smoker for little over a month and am now taking a month off so I'll be able to pass a dt in the future. I used to way almost 300lbs and I am now 193lbs and continually losing fat at the rate of 2lbs/week. I am active, eat healthy and exercise, drink only water and am 6'1". Will losing fat while on my detox actually speed it up or will it stay the same? If anyone has experience with this and can tell me their experiences it'd be greatly appreciated. If anyone else would like to give me their input on this and how long it'd possibly take would also be appreciated.

Edit: I used to smoke everyday for about 8months with a few breaks but I went through a 3 week detox with a lot of exercise and sweating since it's so hot where I live. After the detox I began smoking again for about a month that I mentioned above.

Thanks
    JD

2. Losing weight through the process should speed up the detox since THC is stored in your fat, exercising and losing weight is a big part of the detoxing process...Since you have only been a heavy smoker for a month (I've been smoking daily for about 5 years) and you are losing weight, it should probably only take you about a month to get clean. For me, it would most likely take 2-3 months with heavy exercise.