Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legal Edibles in CO

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by lessthanjeezy, Aug 11, 2015.

1. So I am heading to Colorado in two weeks (seems too far away!) and will definitely be enjoying some of the edibles they have in the shops out there. When I went last time, I experimented with them a bit and found even when I ate a full 100 mg chocolate bar, it really didn't do much for me.

I have some experience with edibles, far less than with herb but I am a relatively heavy smoker, smoking a few bong packs daily and I just want to make sure I get a nice strong edible high, but try not to get sick.

So my question, I am going to try 200 mg when I go out this time and see how that hits me. Do you guys think thats too much, not enough or does anyone have more experience with the edibles in Colorado?

Thanks everyone

2. No there etibkes r no good IMHO they sick but there weed omg is top notch

3. make your own with the excellent recipes here on grasscity! :)

4. If I was out there for longer I definitely would! But we will be staying with some friends out there and have a lot planned so won't have the time to go through the proper extraction process. I will experiment with a few different brands and am gunna try 150 mg or 200 mg this time and see how that hits me.

5. Its a waste. My friend, who habitually smokes hash oil everyday made it to 400+mg on CO edibles and felt nothing. So for the price/dose its a waste imo....

Its easier to take a gram or two of dank and make some quick edibles with it on your own. The price still probably evens out, but you dont have to eat so much food to get the high haha

6. Yeah if I end up eating any I will just do 200 mg off the bat and see what that does but I am sticking to mainly wax and flower while I am out there. Wax should come in very handy at Riot Fest since it is a no smoking venue, easier to bring in then a bunch of bud.

7. heading out in 5 days! But I decided I am going to nix the edibles for the trip, the price is just way too high on the recreational side, don't wanna be spending 40 bucks for a decent edible high so I'll be sticking to a lot of wax and some flower

8. Im a daily smoker, the magic number for me is around 150mg, definitely dont do 200mg before testing 150, i ate a 220mg cookie once n got so high i got sick :/ . Also you shouldnt spend over $15 for an edible. I just got a TKO 160mg cookie for $8 at my local dispensary.

9. nice, yeah if I see something that's affordable I'll certainly give it a try but everything I am seeing on the menu prices are like 20 bucks per 100 MG which I'm not gunna do, but I'll give it a shot if a dispensary has some cheaper options

10. Just returned from CO for first time. If you want the biggest bang for your buck, grab a Puffco (concentrate pen) an go for the concentrates. Instant, strong, and relatively discreet. Edibles are ok but if you smoke at all your left wondering what did what (and I'm always sure of my smoke.)

11. Damn I could easily spend $200 on edibles. Maybe it's a good thing there aren't dispensaries near me. :p

12. No idea what kind of tolerance someone has that 100mg of THC does nothing - but when I was in Golden this spring I purchased a "Boulder Bar" (100mg) $20. 15mg was a great first day - second day 30mg left me on the bed vibrating into another world, and edibles are my preferred ROA.

13. I ate a max of 40mg at once and I was never close to "on the bed shaking into another world" by any means.

No disrespect, just reporting my experience.

14. None taken - I monitor my tolerance closely (by limiting dose) now and only use 2-3 times per week. So you know, its going to affect me more...

15. So you know

16. Yeah I just got back from my trip as well it was my second time out there. I actually have the PuffCo at home for my wax (just got 13 gs of shatter yesterday!) but while I was out there I used the O-pen since I was at a 3 day concert and it was super convenient not having to reload a pen at all and be able to hit it all day.

The first 4 days I didn't touch any edibles, just a bunch of wax, shatter and flower and so many dabs I couldn't keep count. The day before the concert though our friend we were staying with got her med card in the mail and went out and bought 800 mg in edibles for about 45 bucks so I had 100 mg each day before going in the show which definitely kept my high going strong for a while and then ate 80 mg before getting to the airport which kept me nice and high throughout the flight home...I think for me a strong dose would be 150 but 100 I was feeling pretty good.

17. #17 nevrmindedness, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    Ime the only 'recreationally available' edibles worth shit are dixie elixirs. $20 for 90mg, which may sound low to anyone on this thread, but trust me when i say an elixir hits hard. I would compare the high to a VERY well made bks style edible containing like 1-1.5 grams of top shelf bud. My gf and i each chugged one before our return flight from denver. Right as we're going through security i got hit with a high i would compare to 2 (~50mg) dabs. But the high is so nice i didn't get paranoid or anything and nothing was weird. And it fully 'kicks in' much faster than normal edibles, presumably since it's liquid and can just flow right into your system like a tincture. But im pretty sure some of it passes through the liver because the high lasted over 6 hours.

18. Heading back out to CO again in a couple weeks! This time I am going snowboarding in Breckenridge for 3 days and will have another 3 days or so in Denver..When I get out there after smoking and taking some dabs, me and my friend are going to head to a couple dispensaries and she is going to go in and get some stuff for me so I can save some money. Definitely going to get a couple O pen cartridges for easy hits while snowboarding and then some edibles and wax for dabs while I am in Denver.

Anybody got any favorite edible I should try? I didn't get to try the dixie elixrs last time but will probably give one of those a shot before my shuttle ride from Denver to Breck.

19. Leave for Colorado in 6 days! I always get so damn excited when I get to visit the lovely state. Again any recommendations are appreciated, I will be in Denver for a few days and staying in Breckenridge and snowboarding 3 days.

20. I've experimented a lot with the edibles from dispensaries here and my best advice would be to get the drinks lol. I don't know why, but the gummies/chocolate anything solid has never gotten me high.
    I've tried eating before after not eating at all but I dunno. Either they take 6+ hours to kick in or they aren't getting me high. But with the drinks? I dunno where you are, but the dispensary I go to sells canna punch 100mg drinks for 14.95 which for Recreational prices is not bad at all compared to the green solution which is basically the Most overrated and overpriced dispensary here but still worth a look at.
    Either way drink some troo moo chocolate milk and then sip on a few of those canna punch drinks and I'm almost positive you will get high as shit. I have also been a daily smoker for only the last two months now but the last two months have been really heavy smoking/dabbing so I know tolerance is a bitch.
    I had 100mg in mints at 2pm. 100mg in gummies between 4-7pm and 100mg drunk between 9pm-12am and I was only balls tripping high from 11pm- when I passed out at about 3am. So take that info for what you will.
    Sorry for rambling I just woke up and I'm still pretty shaky hahah