Good thing we have the EPA, oh what?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trixman22, Aug 10, 2015.

1. "EPA crew accidentally turns Animas River orange. A
    federal cleanup crew accidentally caused a big, and potentially
    hazardous, mess in Colorado, according to the Environmental Protection
    Agency.An estimated 1 million
    gallons of wastewater spilled out of an abandoned mine area in the
    southern part of the state on Wednesday, turning the Animas River orange
    and prompting the EPA to tell locals to avoid it."http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/07/us/colorado-epa-mine-river-spill-irpt/

Just goes to show no matter how good the intention the Gov. finds a way to fuck it up. Guess they needed to jusify the EPA needing to exist.

2. Haha, yes, I saw this on the national news last night. What a joke.

3. I live in Colorado and I like this place dammit! What the fuck?

4. #4 TinTizzy, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
    I wanted to move to the durango area so much for that..I worry about this shit here in michigan with the idiots who decided to run oil pipes through the great lakes

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Only the government could fuck something up this bad.

And I heard on the news the state is considering suing the Feds. Government suing itself. So who loses?

Money taken from taxpayers will be transferred from one gov't agency to another, so as usual, the U.S. taxpayers are on the hook.

6. That's funny, but people get too worked up over shit like this. It'll hit the ocean pretty quick.

7. It will settle all along the rivers carrying it. Then every time the water gets disturbed it will stir up and contaminate bottom feeders, fish cattle, etc.
    It is not a one and done deal. :smoke:

8. ^ and that's the long term issue. Right now we have dozens of tribes of Indians that rely on that for their agriculture based lifestyles. Not to mention all the cities that can't pull water now.

9. One day we will all agree that water is the most important resource that we have and treat it with much more respect and care than we currently do.

10. Like the BP spill in the Gulf of Mexico.....

11. I'm sure the oil industry will step in to save us from the pollution to our ground/aquifer water they created by fracking and other drilling pollution by building huge desalination plants and piping clean water to us for a small fee $$$$$$$$$$$$

12. They'd love to privatize water ...

13. Yup... Its going to takes years for all that sludge to make its way out :(

Oh I think we all agree about water being important.. In fact wars have been waged over water rights...
    Most states have at least one border with access to water, be it a river or shore. In fact our states were shaped by the access to waterways. Its the reason Nevada has that weird part in the southern tip.

Ever heard of Nestle`??<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >
    http://www.alternet.org/story/136117/communities_s...
    Communities Speak Out: Nestle, Stop Stealing Our Water
    What's
    Nestle doing with the water in Michigan, California, Maine and other
    places? Hear the truth from the people who live there.
    </blockquote>

See above... And below
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/nestle-wants-water-pri...
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >Companies should own every single bit of water on the planet, according to Nestle's former CEO
    and now-Chairman Peter Brabeck-Letmathe. His position, shared by many
    others in his ranks, is one of profits over people and corporate rights
    over human rights. They advocate a sort of survival-of-the-richest,
    where only those with money should have access to “privileges” like
    water.</blockquote>

14. In BC, Nestlé water division pays the Province $2.25 per million liters of water.

15. And we're the criminals for smoking weed [​IMG]

16. #16 BlazedGlory, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    When my Dad told me that I didn't believe him, went and looked it up, sure enough, it's true. It's unreal

17. What's the problem with Nestle bottling drinking water? You should see the water farmers use around here with their crop circles, it'd make Nestle's use look like a dripping faucet. The crops feed people and the water is consumed so what's the problem?

18. Ed: "Crop circles"???

Now there's a phrase I haven't heard in a few decades.

The Martians made them!

Maybe we should revive the crop circle stories and start a thread to fit in with the "9/11 was an inside job," "FEMA concentration camps," and all the other silly conspiracy threads.

19. It's happening a lot here in Florida to our dwindling water supplies.

I believe the take most people have on it is that it's a natural resource and shouldn't be exploited for profit by a huge company while our water table drops and private homeowner's wells dry up.....

20. But we're going to drink water whether it comes from a bottle or the tap. Using similar logic one could say we're all exploiting natural resources when we drink water, some of us pay Nestle to bottle it and ship it to us and some take it out of the tap. Any protests against Nestle should be focused on the resources used such as the bottle and energy used in shipping. Anyone who drinks bottled water surely can't point fingers.
    I guess crop circles was the wrong term. We haven't had a problem here with crop circles since Mel Gibson's character's brother took that swing. I hope you know I meant center pivots or circle irrigation.