MGS: Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by WherezMyLighter, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Who's stoked for this? Dropping September 1st, and it looks dope. Grabbing this for my X1, seems like it's going to be one of the better titles this year.

2. This game is the shit!! So much customization, so many ways to take on missions, weapons , unlocks, etc. Even cardboard boxes are way more useful.

I haven't gotten too deep but I can't stop thinking about playing this. Theres always something new to discover or to do.

3. Got my copy early yesterday.
    Loving every bit of it. Was worth the long wait and whole mess with Ground Zeroes.

That intro is hands down probably the best introduction to a video game I've played yet.

4. Running punch with the Stun Arm does the sound effect from the 6 Million Dollar Man .

5. If you pop out of the box he throws confetti

6. I am not a fan of the MGS series. I have never done more then try one out but I must say this game is pretty sick. I am very interested to see what the online aspect of it is when that releases.

7. heard they have suht down the online component temporarily

go figure, noone can seem to get a flawless release

hoping to snag a used copy soon, before Rock Band 4 comes out, cause if not i'll be playing that A LOT

8. The Fulton Recovery System is so badass. I can airlift almost anything/anyone back to Mother Base instantly .

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441412805.145176.jpg

Airlift enemy soldiers , hostages , POI's etc.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441412851.543689.jpg

Airlift weapon emplacements like anti air guns and mortars.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441412883.994767.jpg

Airlift vehicles like transport trucks and even tanks.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441412914.591424.jpg

Need a Seatrain full of materials for building up mother base and developing weapons ?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441412945.523947.jpg

Airlift a sheep cuz it's fun :) you also have a separate Animal Conservation Platform at mother base . Think of it like your own private Zoo . It'll fill up the more animals you abduct .

9. Quiet is such an awesome buddy. I didn't think anyone would be as useful as D-Walker but she can take out an entire base for me while I just run around collecting items, Intel and People of Interest. She is invaluable as a buddy at this point. I haven't unlocked the dog yet.

I'm just beginning development on a new "Battle Gear" vehicle. Looks like Shagohod from MGS3 except a little more updated. I'm pretty stoked to bring this into battle sometime.

10. You can eventually upgrade your bionic arm to fire remote control Rocket Hands ...it's really fucking awesome . Big Boss even yells "Rocket Puuunnch" before sending out your remote control hand that KOs multiple enemies instantly.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441549301.629757.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441549313.846575.jpg

11. #13 WaxPayne, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
    For anyone trying to find Huey at Mother Base to watch progress of a certain item he's building you; go check the main R&D platform and head to the very bottom. You'll see a door with a little warning sign. Press the button next to that door .

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441628615.751199.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441628625.521808.jpg

Edit : ****** Go to The Medical Platform and go to the buildings in the middle. Find the door in the pic. Open it and then open another door on the right. It will trigger a cutscene. For anyone who played the Ground Zeroes you will definitely want to do this.****

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441629336.499196.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441629371.184853.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441629414.521001.jpg

looks like there's a lot more at Mother Base than everyone thought .

12. That guy helping you at the hospital in the beginning is big boss.

13. Had a great day at work so I decided to swing by Wal-Mart. Got some groceries for the next few days, a bottle and this new MGS for my 1.

Got a little nuggetry left as well. Bouta burn down, drink up and get balls deep in this game right now. Install's at 99%...

14. I found D-dog finally but I'm already on the second half of the game. Hope he turns out good. You gotta wait til he grows to use him

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441703910.734307.jpg

Lol reminds me of the lion king

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441703942.081992.jpg

15. I found D dog on my very first mission. Just landed the chopper and there he was. Lucky I guess. But now im stuck on mission 8 I think it is. I need a better RPG cuz the one I have hit a tank 3 times and it was still rolling.

16. I almost missed him dude. Was wondering when he would appear since Quiet was already my favorite ally.

For tanks I just use the FR missile launcher. Even a low level one should be more than enough to handle a tank. Hitting the turret of a tank seems to do the most damage too . You could also try sneaking up (crawling) toward a tank and then plant c4 on the back of it. Run away and detonate.

17. Damn what's up with the dog, you just have to find him?? I've been exploring and raided a few bases. Dumped probably 5 hours into this game since my last post, kind of taking my time. Did one of my first 3 missions they give you initially.

Any insight you guys can spare? If you're actually trying to be stealthy, this game doesn't seem to be super easy.

18. I have less than 20 minutes of experience with the franchise. I just got Ground Zeroes for free. If I enjoy it, I'll most likely pick this up. If I don't like it, I'm sure I probably won't be too big a fan of Phantom Pain, eh?