First scrog...with cfls

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kali_kush_760, Aug 9, 2015.

1. #1 Kali_kush_760, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
    Here it is. Ive got blueberry kush, pineapple jack, and girl scout cookie. Picked em up as clones from

MLW in mammoth ca. This is my first attempt at scrog. I made my screen with 3" x 3" squares. For my soil i am using a 50/50 mix of fox farm ocean forest and happy frog with a 3:2 mix of perlite. Any tips are much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Time to start lsting what you think?

Attached Files:

3. #3 Kali_kush_760, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
    3-85 watt cfls, 2-42 watt cfl, and 2-26 watt cfls. On my homemade reflector i made out of a bathroom vanity and sheet metal. Slowly adding more cfls as the grow goes on.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Began my lst on the pineapple jack and girl scout cookie. Blueberry is taking a little longer compared to the other girls.

Attached Files:

5. #5 Kali_kush_760, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
    Wasnt happy with my previous screen but i definitely am happy with this one. Made this one with 2"x2" squares. And the screen is alot tighter than my other one. Also started lsting the blueberry.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. View from above

Attached Files:

7. lookin good, and good call on the smaller squares. the screen looks really good now ya just gotta make sure to fill it. the trick is to not flower too early or too late, and keep that stretch in mind. i'm along for the ride

8. also, what type of string are ya using? ya wanna be sure its nothing too 'fine' so it won't cut into the plants when they're pushin up on the screen later in life

9. Thanks for the feedback man. Yeah after reading alot through the forums and others journals i decided to go smaller squares. And im actually using kite string. I had some in my garage. Trying to use what i got and only buy what i need. I believe it will be thick enough to not hurt the girls. But i dont know for sure since this is my first scrog. And as for the filling of the screen im lsting all 3 plants and all 3 are taking very well to it and im getting lots of good coverage i should have no problem with filling the screen the only thing that worries me is the stretch when i go to 12/12 never done a scrog but i have read lots of things about scrogging and have been doing lots of research for over a year now but doing research os like being trained from a computer it will point you in the right direction but the only way to really learn is to do it and try it out. I have good faith in these girls.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just took these like 10 min ago. Blueberry is taking well to the lst just like the others. They seem to be growing more everytime i look at em. Haha.

Attached Files:

11. Looking good my man. This is my next project with a DIY LED panel i think.

12. experience is indeed the best teacher my friend

13. Heres the ladies as of today. Lst is working perfectly as of right now. Cant wait to get some more tops to start filling my screen.

Attached Files:

14. Some pics from earlier today. What you guys think?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Some newer pics.

Attached Files:

16. Spreading out nice and big now man!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks for noticing. Its been a treat as always watching em grow. Everythings been goin good but think im getting nute lock..im gonna flush em tonight.

18. A few pics of the ladies as of this evening. Doing great...i would love some feedback if anybody has any. Thanks.

Attached Files:

19. Switched em to flower. This is day 7.

Attached Files:

20. How the girls are lookin now....let me know what you think.

Attached Files: