Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating raw, decarbd marijuana

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by visionofcody, Aug 9, 2015.

1. #1 visionofcody, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
    Can you eat raw decarb'd marijuana? Well, I mean I know I can but I'm asking about the effects.

I decarb'd a gram as a test but haven't tried eating it yet. The marijuana has 17.5% THC according to the grower. So I figure 1g = 1000mg * 17.5% = 175mg of THC for the gram, and thus a tenth of a gram should have 17.5mg of marijuana, which is about what I like in a dose (based on eating other factory-made edibles).

So can I just weigh .1 or .13 gram of my decarb'd and wash it down with a glass of water? Similar effect to eating a couple 10mg factory cookies?

2. Well, for further, and BETTER absorption, i would suggest mixing it with some sort of fat lipid, such as peanutbutter, coconut oil, butter, etc.....
    in your case i think peanutbutter would be good. you can either mix it in and let it sit a couple days, or mix it an and kinda heat it up a little. preferably a double boiler. the oven works tooo, BUT its a little tricky to get accurate.

3. Why so? If you know the amount of weed you mix in and the THC% of that weed, can't you know it exactly?

4. I'm not entirely sure I understand this...and when you say "BETTER" do you mean "it's a little better" or "this is a must" - ?

Thanks!

5. By my statment, i meant cooking wise. Ovens are innefeicient for small scale edible cooking etc... You can VERY easily over heat and burn. Double boiling your liquid/cannabis mixtures is the safest way to go. You can moniter the temps VERY easily.

6. Because the alkaloids in the cannabis will connect with the fat lipids in the oils/peanut butter. and when you orally ingest it, it will abrorb acorss your BBB much more efficiently.

If you really need to do some research. I would HIGHLY suggest reading though badkats cannapharm thread.
    SOO many helpful tips/
    and when i say read sir, i mean read. do your research buddy. Making edibles is an art and very hard process to make work effectively. but its also the most efficient way to consume the plant!!

7. Much better, Thc is abosrbed in the lower intestine and when cooked into a fat it has a bigger absorbtion rate. Look up bad kittys cannacaps guide if you dont feel like making a edible.

8. here is what i do. take about .25 gram or a quarter of a gram of decarbed bud for a single dose. you might get by with half of that but it would be on the weaker side. i take between .25 and .5 gram of decarbed bud and make it into hot coco or warm milk. use whole milk for the fat content. basically take a cup of milk, add the decarbed bud to it and put it in a pan and then under a number 4 or 5 burner for 5 mins. it should be hot but not boiling. then pull it off of the heat and let it set for 5 minutes more. stir and drink. like i said you could make that into hot chocolate easy enough and some times i do.

you could also put the dose in capsules from like a GNC health store or similar place. then down them with milk. it would take up to 2 or more hours to peak on the high though. you want the fat in the milk and the heat from the stove to pull out the THC. then when you drink the milk with the THC in it you catch a buz much faster. fuck me i am pretty blazed right now. thank god for spell check. i need a nap...

i do that recipe with milk all the time. not only for me but my pops too. i just give him a small dose.

9. Milk is the only thing on the planet I'm allergic to :-(

10. I predict you will be disappointed if you expect putting 0.1g in your mouth and swallowing it to have the same effect as 17.5mg THC edible. ;)

11. I did not know this before. Thanks for the inform

12. just buy the cookies and stop fucking it all up then lol!