Hermie

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stew65, Aug 8, 2015.

1. I'm sure my bigbang auto has hermie late into flower. What can I do if anything

2. Sort out any issues such as light leaks and you can try cutting g the balls off and hope she doesn't seed out. So late towards harvest there probably is not much you can do. How many weeks along is she?

3. Here are some pics been flowering probably about six weeks. The light shouldn't really be an issue with an auto flower, or should it? Don't know if you can see these very well. Could be doing with a while longer I think but I think it will be totally gone if I leave it. Not sure as this is my first go at this. As you can see it's in a greenhouse so even if light was an issue I couldn't really do anything about it

Attached Files:

4. #5 Greenstarter55, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
    I think that's just swelling of the calyx.

5. Any one any idea. Is it worth chopping this down now, I have already found a couple of seeds. I think it will just get worse. It maybe too early to get anything worthwhile, I really don't have a clue

6. I don't see what your talking about dude. I agree with GS55 looks like swelling calyx to me.

7. I see no balls on there but you say you found seeds. did you actually see the seeds or do the calyx's just look like there's a seed inside? if you don't see balls and don't see seeds then its just the calyx's swelling up which is a good thing lol obviously. that's just how they pack on the extra weight near the end. I say leave her be

8. Ok. Here are some more pics I think this is seed. What should I do. Just seems to be on the lower buds. The main Cola seems to look ok

Attached Files:

9. well poo, she's definitely been pollinated. best thing ya can do is keep an eye out for balls and pick'em before they spread more pollen. you probably wont be able to get'em all but you'll cut the seed production down a bit

10. Don't know how. It must have turned. No other plants been near. I can't see any balls. Unless I'm missing something

11. All it takes is one little sac, pollen is a bitch and can travel miles while airborne. And it sticks to everything like clothes and hair, so its possible it is not even from that plant, examine it closely the balls sometimes hides in those tight calyx clusters

12. That sucks but in my experience Greenhouse Seeds are hit and miss their Bubba kush hermed on me three times and Big Bang once but their Super Lemon Haze was amazing

13. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. You most likely did nothing wrong. Greenhouse is the bottom of the barrel in the seeds world, thats why they are cheap. Arjan is hack that "breeds" unstable knockoffs of other peoples work. If you buy seeds from them and they DONT hermie, youve gotten lucky

15. Thanks for the info. Won't be buying from them again. Where is the most reliable place to use

16. I've grown 3 strains from G13 labs and they were great I also really like Delicious Seeds I did their Cheese Candy, Cotton Candy and Caramelo and would absolutely do them again.

Those two are the only breeders ive done multiple strains of and 2/3 strains from Greenhouse hermed.

17. I prefer gorilla seeds, the best customer service on the market and an awesome selection. they're more than willing to fix any mistake that may come up. for sure my #1 pick

18. Thanks for the info. Will definitely try one or maybe all of them. Wasn't till after I got my seeds that the more I read the more ghs kept coming up, won't be going back there, just waisted nearly three months on them and as I'm doing things in a greenhouse that's probably me till next year , fu**in total waist of time and money

19. when you try gorilla make sure you pm them on here and get your discount coupon code from'em :)