cfl for seedlings help please

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DankxVader, Aug 7, 2015.

1. can you please give me any tips or help on my babies are they to stretched out? they are about the height of a bic lighter and they are 9 days old. here is a crappy pic of them i moved the cfl down a couple of inches.

Attached Files:

2. Well it's a little difficult to tell what distance the light is to the plants from that pic, but they do look a bit leggy, just bring the light closer to them, usually I keep my 35w cfl roughly an inch from the closest leaves, but note that all lights are different, just keep an eye out for heat damage/stress incase you moved your light too close.

Btw heat stress is quite easy to point out, typically first signs will be an upwards curling of the leaves (sides)

Good luck!

3. Transplant and bury the stem to the bottom of the leaves. Plant will spend less energy standing up and will start to develop more leaves.

4. thank you guys very much i will try that out. and keep posted

5. height and lanky Ness can also be indicitive of males or sativa phenos....

6. keep a 26watt cfl 5000K or 6500 k about 2" directly above each seedling and it will not stretch ,with a very small fan blowing back and forth for air temps and air movement ...[​IMG]

7. I would lower the bulb so it sits in between all three plants. It doesn't strictly have to be above them, but needs to be closer. Also, water less frequently. The roots need a lot of air to grow. They can't grow in wet soil. If the surface of the soil is damp, then the bottom will be still very wet